cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Defect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung gear 2 was given to me as a gift graduation. I wore it for a few month and one day, the back chip that holds the watch band in snapped off. At first I thought it was the band that needed replaced. But after looking at it again, the back of the watch is broken.  I think this has to be a defect.  I wasn't doing any physical activity at the time when it broke.  I'm not typically rough on my things. I have a desk job and go jogging occasionaly. I was using it more to track my sleep. I couldn't believe how cheaply made it was.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Gear Fit 2 Defect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to mine, but it actually was the band. Google it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Typically repairs would be recommended. If the watch is out of warranty, the out of warranty fees would apply. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to mine, but it actually was the band. Google it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20191105_071225.jpg

20191105_071253.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did it look like this?

@user6PWihmAiEI wrote:

20191105_071225.jpg

20191105_071253.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much!! It was just the band!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue with my Geat fit 1 and Fit Pro 2. It is very bad quality from Samsung otherwise a great fitness tracker. I thought they would have fixed the issue since previous model but NO. the worst part is, you cant get original strap, like Fitbit offers, from Samsung. need to buy some unbranded one from ebay which is better than samsung made.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly! I'm super disappointed as well. I did purchase a replacement band, which slips out of place every once in a while as well, but it haven't broken yet. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This will be the last Samsung watch and I guess phone I'll own. It's sad. I've had a Galaxy phone the very first one. Guess everything has it's time. The watch band was garbage and I paid to much to deal with it. Disappointed.