cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqd1Bnr9fqb
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Gear IconX right earbud a lot louder then left earbud

JUMP TO SOLUTION

these things shouldnt be sold as workout buds at all!! should come with warning. u sweat u break! my right one stopped working and i dont even workout. i use them to watch vids with. i havent ever sweated wearing them. buyer beware! false advertising!!

Soldier2gud4me
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My fix was so simple. Clean with tissue paper and paper clip to guide the tissue paper around.
I removed all the rubber and cleaned the sensor then also i removed the 2 black filter and cleaned and returned everything back the way it was. And to my surprise works like before.
userQF0PQD6AYC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am getting ready to send back my second pair for the same issue; volume cutting out on one earbud.  Seems like its a design flaw; which really sucks, because I like the being able to not take my phone with me.

knightrider
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah it's totally disappointing. I am a huge fan of Samsung but this is a product that is horribly made and they should be ashamed of having something like this has their final product. I tried to stay with it and worked with him for a few weeks to try and get it fixed but there's just no answers which means you're probably right it's a design flaw and terrible technology which doesn't deserve to be on the market

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Had the issue with my right earbud after two uses. Sent them in for an accessory exchange and after they told me it would take 14 days(which is ridiculous) I asked for a refund and I haven't had any response from Samsung. I sent an E-mail to ecommerce and it's been 96 hours with no response and every phone number I call "I can't help you, call this number". Checked the status of the ticket and it hasn't updated in 7 days according to the service website. Really disappointed in Samsung. It's definitely making me question my next phone choice after being a customer since the S3.
userisehVd52JW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I' having same issue. Just my right side is louder than the left.

usere0vAJw0LO4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found the issue. 

1. Take off the earcup of each earbud.

2. Use paperclip and push of steel mesh glued to the earbud.

3. When removing the mesh material, look for white moisture pad. 

*Note: there are 3 layers, the steel mesh, circular adhesive, and white moisture pad. Keep the steel mesh and circular adhesive together. 

4. Remove the white moisture pad.

5. Place the steel mesh and circular adhesive back onto earbud, and press ever so slightly on the mesh material.

6. Readjust earcup.

*Test in comparison to other earbud. You WILL notice the earbud will be substantially louder without the moisture pad. 

7. Repeat this to the other earbud

8. Test

Reason: It seems that constant use of the earbuds cause the moisture pad to absorb the water thus, loss in volume. Recieving a new replacement set of earbuds will have the same results. But over time the replacement buds will have to be replaced again. 

Resolution: Follow the instructions above.

Opinion: There should have been a much better sweat absorption material to maintain consistent volume. 

Attached is the sweat material removed from the earbud. Please attempt at your own risk. 

Highlighted
userWczuoi4Iiq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thought I would just throw in my "me too". Mine went quiet on the left, then the right followed a few days later. Same exact thing would happen on the cheap $15 earbuds I used to buy every few months. A little bit of moisture would get in and one side would go quiet. On those I would take out the meshing and they would work again, until a little more moisture got in and the headphones would die. I've seen other post that they would just yank out the meshing and it would work again, I am sure this is the case, but you are pretty much setting yourself up for failure at that point. I doubt you would be covered under warranty. Other people have said that they think it is the sensor, I dont think it is. If the earbud is not sensing you, it turns off. You can test that too, even with it's low volume, as soon as you take it out it stops. It wouldn't make sense for it to get quiet.
What's most surprising to me is that this was an issue on the previous version of the headphones, as I can find posts going back months. And in all these posts, comments, suggestions, Samsung hasn't recognized the issue. In other words, this isn't going to be fixed any time soon. Like others have said, they fit me great, connect to phone perfectly, are convenient, and look great. But, I won't be dealing with the hassles that you would expect from a $15 pair of no name headphones. I went ahead and reached out to the support, I don't want to deal with a RMA every 3 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if the warranty didnt get extensions from the RMA. Eventually they would just say sorry, your warranty is expired. Vote with your wallets on this one guys. Return it if you still can.
user5n2QBFh5bc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This works...but i hate that this is what we have to do...feel like it voids the warranty if moisture ends up getting in due to removal of moisture barrier

userRcw7NvBaAH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didnt actually remove my pad i just took it out dabbed it on my shirt a bit and put it back and and boom problem solved