Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZiUdQh8Orq
Asteroid

Samsung Gear IconX right earbud a lot louder then left earbud

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung,

I only jog using my earbuds for past months but suddenly my right earbud sound is a lot louder then my left earbud. Pressing soft reset button did not fix my problem. Is there anything I can do about this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userZiUdQh8Orq
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Gear IconX right earbud a lot louder then left earbud

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The service was faster then expected. They said it was moisture, which is very strange for a sweat proof earbud. I sweat a lot, and no I did not run in rain or went swimming with them.

They gave me a new one, but I already know if I go jogging with them again it will break again which will defeat the purpose that I have bought them.

This also explains why other people are have the same issue over and over again.

Seems you are not allowed to sweat

Very happy with waterproof of phone but the earbuds seem to have a big issue. Service was good but sad the quality of product is not.

182 REPLIES 182
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you taken off the squishy part and checked to see if perhaps there's any build up in one of the speaker holes versus the other? It's not uncommon, even with the nice protection of that marshmallow part. If you notice that the speaker holes do appear to be a bit clogged, you can try taking a Q-tip to it with a light amount of rubbing alcohol on it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userZiUdQh8Orq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will try today as suggested and let know about result.

Thank you

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! I'll be patiently waiting. Hopefully it's something as simple as that.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userZiUdQh8Orq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly enough everything was pretty much clean. Even thought I cleaned it anyway as suggested. I also reset the iconx again but this time using the phone without any change in result. It is very much frustrating when listening, like you are deaf on 1 ear. Just to be sure checked with other people. All confirm left ear volume is lower then right.

I cant see any damage or dirt or bends anywhere. It still looks as good as new.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, just wanted to make sure. If others are mentioning this as well, it very well could be something a bit more related for this specific product. I'm going to make a note of this and shoot this information over to the right people who might be able to find out what might be the root cause of it. I'll also ask around for those who are using it here if they know of any particular setting that is known to cause this. Thank you for your patience!

userZiUdQh8Orq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, will await you response as indicated.

userWrHSPlGsDa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having this issue I cleaned everything and did 2 resets to no avail it affects all audio even phone calls the quiet one is too quiet 

userdWJD7XRI4G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
In this video I will give you full details on how to fix an earbud that is quieter than the other. In this video, my left earbud was significantly quieter than the right. The sound and quality was there but not at its full potential. As you blow into the small speaker, you should hear the noise ...
userovTkYrwkam
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tired this and it worked for me