JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gear S2 fast battery drain January 2017

(Topic created: 05-08-2021 02:54 PM)
userZ38hlUFMlP
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S2 (non phone version) has been running with no battery issues where it would last up to 36 hours. Bluetooth active, Sleep as Android etc. I started to get a cache full on my S7 in late January 2017 so I told it to clear cash and it seemed to start the problem. I did have music on my watch and had about 1 gb of memory left.

The battery started to last maybe 5 to 6 hours. I did a full reset/rebuild on the watch and went to base settings but it only added a couple of hours.  

Based on use and past performance I have to believe that it was a recent update to either the watch or phone.  

Please advise as to issue cause and how to restore the watch to it's former battery capacity.

Gear 2 

model SM-R732

Tinzen 2.3.2.1

SoftwareR732XXU2EPK5

Knox 2.0.0

Knox Tinzenwearable 1.0.0

Tima 3.0.0

Galaxy S7  edge

Gear App

Device SM-G935P

Device Name: Gear S2 8CD3

Samsung gear app  - 2.2 16101261

Gear S Plugin - 2.2.03. 16111661

188 Replies
userbZ2e3lLVaC
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Nothing seems to work for me.  I have uninstalled the app, reset the watch. Removed all apps and notifications, even have a straight black watch face. My battery is drained in 4 hrs. This all started suddenly about 10 days ago. This is an ongoing problem and it needs to be addressed by samsung.   I don't know why they aren't fixing this. I saw in another thread that they admit to this being an issue. 

0 Likes
userqK1NpBYMRW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue for me, nothing works. Today 100% charge to 0% in 3 hours! Other days it lasts several hours. Have removed all apps, non-Samsung Watch faces, etc. My smartwatch is now a dumb watch with no success in keeping battery life!

0 Likes
userSOLEHRIJ6B
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have had this same issue. I haven't done anything different. My phone just started dying for no reason. 

0 Likes
usert3qE8EtlNv
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had the same issue and nothing has fixed it. I don't have any extra apps and went to factory. It's never last more than 8 hours. 

0 Likes
userjKn6Gk0Mgu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I put it in airplane mode - it still gets messages over Bluetooth but wifi sync is turned off.  Seems to have helped.

0 Likes
userjKn6Gk0Mgu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Airplane mode seems to have sorted it - 23% battery drain in 6 hours.  I'm guessing it's the wifi connection causing the issue.

You still get notificaitons in airplane mode - Bluetooth isn't turned off.

0 Likes
usercDSk4ikRyV
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have given up. I've had my watch for approximately 2 years and now it's hit or miss if the battery will last 4 hours or 24 hours and I rarely get notifications anymore from the watch. I got a good deal on a new galaxy watch and am going to retire my S2 classic to the trash heap. I'm afraid this is a lost cause.

0 Likes
userbEUwcUUtfl
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had the same problem, it started last year. I should say that I got the watch in January 2016.

Since last year the battery wouldn't last more than 9 hours. I asked Samsung for a solution, they said to perform a factory reset, but the situation was the same. 

Eventually, I deactivated Samsung health, turned off wi-fi and anything else that would drain the battery and now I am very happy to say that the battery lasts for aprox. 24 hours.

0 Likes
userlz5MF4cNi2
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I need the sleep at for the Galaxy to watch
0 Likes