JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gear S2 fast battery drain January 2017

(Topic created: 08-24-2018 06:24 AM)
userZ38hlUFMlP
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S2 (non phone version) has been running with no battery issues where it would last up to 36 hours. Bluetooth active, Sleep as Android etc. I started to get a cache full on my S7 in late January 2017 so I told it to clear cash and it seemed to start the problem. I did have music on my watch and had about 1 gb of memory left.

The battery started to last maybe 5 to 6 hours. I did a full reset/rebuild on the watch and went to base settings but it only added a couple of hours.  

Based on use and past performance I have to believe that it was a recent update to either the watch or phone.  

Please advise as to issue cause and how to restore the watch to it's former battery capacity.

Gear 2 

model SM-R732

Tinzen 2.3.2.1

SoftwareR732XXU2EPK5

Knox 2.0.0

Knox Tinzenwearable 1.0.0

Tima 3.0.0

Galaxy S7  edge

Gear App

Device SM-G935P

Device Name: Gear S2 8CD3

Samsung gear app  - 2.2 16101261

Gear S Plugin - 2.2.03. 16111661

188 Replies
useriw9O27wIhQ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had my Samsung Gear S2 for over a year now.  I use it everyday, blue tooth enabled.  I charge my watch at least once a day at night and will be good for the day.  In the past couple of days, I noticed that my battery drains in 4 hours.  Today at 0530, I had 100% battery life, it's now 0915 am and my battery is 33%.  I was running with my watch on for hours and it's fine. Now I am afraid I will not be able to keep my running time and distances with the battery draining in four hours. 

I am not sure what happened but this is concerning.  I have a Samsung Note 5 connected to my watch for over a year now. 

Judy

0 Likes
useruVGLBdhejv
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

i am having battery drain issues as well but it is extreme i have had the s2 paired to my note 4 for 6mo no issues very happy with it until yesterday, the battery drained in about 6hr i was able to go about 2 days with it  before this but this morning it was dead in 2hrs that makes it total useless for me it actualy powered of as it was totally dead no warning that the battery was low just died  i have received the updates that came out so i will try to uninstall and reinstall when it recharges  samsung you need to fix this issue, use samsung products almost exclusively never an issue untill this watch battery issue  

0 Likes
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same issue and you want to know the really funny thing about it? It can be at 100% when I turn it off. After a couple hours I would go to turn it on and it is completely dead! How can the battery drain if its off?!? And yes I know it is actually off and not in sleep mode or something.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello @Shinobininja, not sure if you are aware, but there is an accepted solution on this thread. Were you able to give those steps a try to see if it was helpful for you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

No what was it?

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

No problem, it is on the first page. Please let me know how it works for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've already factory reset it twice because I got a new phone and that didn't fix the problem 

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Do you have the Gear watch synced to a Samsung phone? 

0 Likes
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes the note 8

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Okay, thank you. please be sure to close all recent apps on your watch to help battery life.. Power off the watch and on your phone please try these steps;

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Samsung Health>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Gear App>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Power on your watch once you clear the cache and date for the gear apps. Please let me know if this works for you.