JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gear S2 fast battery drain January 2017

(Topic created: 09-04-2018 11:03 AM)
userZ38hlUFMlP
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S2 (non phone version) has been running with no battery issues where it would last up to 36 hours. Bluetooth active, Sleep as Android etc. I started to get a cache full on my S7 in late January 2017 so I told it to clear cash and it seemed to start the problem. I did have music on my watch and had about 1 gb of memory left.

The battery started to last maybe 5 to 6 hours. I did a full reset/rebuild on the watch and went to base settings but it only added a couple of hours.  

Based on use and past performance I have to believe that it was a recent update to either the watch or phone.  

Please advise as to issue cause and how to restore the watch to it's former battery capacity.

Gear 2 

model SM-R732

Tinzen 2.3.2.1

SoftwareR732XXU2EPK5

Knox 2.0.0

Knox Tinzenwearable 1.0.0

Tima 3.0.0

Galaxy S7  edge

Gear App

Device SM-G935P

Device Name: Gear S2 8CD3

Samsung gear app  - 2.2 16101261

Gear S Plugin - 2.2.03. 16111661

188 Replies
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I don't want to speak to soon but I think it helped. My watch would of almost died by now but its at 76% I didn't know the cache would drain the battery so much. Thank you. 

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You are welcome. Please keep us updated.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I do have a quick question. How was I losing battery when the watch was off? Like I said it could be at 100% when I turn it off and a day or so later I go to turn it on and its completely dead.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Shinobininja; I apologize, but we cannot speculate as to what may have caused the issue. Thanks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Ok thank you.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You are very welcome 🙂

0 Likes
Christian_D
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I will try this when I get home and charge my watch.   It has been off the charger and not used for about 3 months now.  Its a pretty paper weight as it would not last more than 5 hours on a full charge.  

I was noticing that my watch would get really warm on my wrist, like its cpu utilization was going nuts for some reason or another.  

Anyway.. This is kind of my last hurrah.. I have tried all the solutions and suggestions in this forum to no avail.  

/crossing fingers

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Christian_D Is your watch a bluetooth version or a carrier version? 

0 Likes
userLdLI7ZFZLf
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine does the same thing. It is a carrier watch however I have that disabled and it's just working via bluetooth. 2 mins after it's been taking off the charger it drops 2% or 3%. Its been like this for 6 months now or longer. Happend right after a update back then and has yet to be fixed. I have reset it over 20 times.. even bought a new galaxy s9 went from galaxy s5 and still no better.

0 Likes
Shinobininja
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Clearing the cache seemed to help the battery from draining rapidly when on but it still dies when it's off. It could be fully charged and turned off and after a day it's dead 

0 Likes