JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gear S2 fast battery drain January 2017

(Topic created: 09-16-2018 12:17 AM)
userZ38hlUFMlP
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S2 (non phone version) has been running with no battery issues where it would last up to 36 hours. Bluetooth active, Sleep as Android etc. I started to get a cache full on my S7 in late January 2017 so I told it to clear cash and it seemed to start the problem. I did have music on my watch and had about 1 gb of memory left.

The battery started to last maybe 5 to 6 hours. I did a full reset/rebuild on the watch and went to base settings but it only added a couple of hours.  

Based on use and past performance I have to believe that it was a recent update to either the watch or phone.  

Please advise as to issue cause and how to restore the watch to it's former battery capacity.

Gear 2 

model SM-R732

Tinzen 2.3.2.1

SoftwareR732XXU2EPK5

Knox 2.0.0

Knox Tinzenwearable 1.0.0

Tima 3.0.0

Galaxy S7  edge

Gear App

Device SM-G935P

Device Name: Gear S2 8CD3

Samsung gear app  - 2.2 16101261

Gear S Plugin - 2.2.03. 16111661

188 Replies
Christian_D
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So, out of the clear blue, not moving, sitting at my desk.  The watch started to get warm on my wrist.  Dropped from 76% to 70% in just a few minutes..  I would let the watch go dark..  wait a minute.. hit the button to light the face.. 74%.. let it go dark.. wait a minute.. light the face.. hit the battery icon.. 70%.   Just in the time writing this post.. its now 67%.   

0 Likes
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Christian_D: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Current Software Version

0 Likes
Christian_D
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I posted that in the post above -
Current information on the watch -

model SM-R732

tizen ver - 2.3.2.7

software ver - R732XXU2FRC1

Knox ver - 2.1.0
0 Likes
Christian_D
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

And... just to point out.. it is now 11am... watch battery at 53%

0 Likes
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Christian_D: Thank you for that information. I will look further into the issue. 

0 Likes
Christian_D
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Watch warm again.  40% Battery.  I havent moved from my desk.  I sent one text from my phone.  Recvd 2 texts.

0 Likes
Christian_D
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

2pm 25%

0 Likes
Christian_D
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

And.... Its dead.   Watch just turned off... Dead.  Total time - 9 hours.

0 Likes
usercDSk4ikRyV
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problem. I can actually watch the battery indicator on my Gear S2 count down in a matter of minutes. This started happening after a major uodate a few months ago. I have the 3G version.

0 Likes
userNrIhKFbB9P
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey mate, any difference on the battery time? I've realized that I have the same problem with mine, I've started to use it after a long time and realized that I can't finish a bloody day with it without charging it. I've tried the cache / data tip and will see how it goes today. 

Any advices would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Lucian 

0 Likes