JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gear S2 fast battery drain January 2017

(Topic created: 01-20-2017 03:12 PM)
userZ38hlUFMlP
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S2 (non phone version) has been running with no battery issues where it would last up to 36 hours. Bluetooth active, Sleep as Android etc. I started to get a cache full on my S7 in late January 2017 so I told it to clear cash and it seemed to start the problem. I did have music on my watch and had about 1 gb of memory left.

The battery started to last maybe 5 to 6 hours. I did a full reset/rebuild on the watch and went to base settings but it only added a couple of hours.  

Based on use and past performance I have to believe that it was a recent update to either the watch or phone.  

Please advise as to issue cause and how to restore the watch to it's former battery capacity.

Gear 2 

model SM-R732

Tinzen 2.3.2.1

SoftwareR732XXU2EPK5

Knox 2.0.0

Knox Tinzenwearable 1.0.0

Tima 3.0.0

Galaxy S7  edge

Gear App

Device SM-G935P

Device Name: Gear S2 8CD3

Samsung gear app  - 2.2 16101261

Gear S Plugin - 2.2.03. 16111661

JUMP TO SOLUTION
188 Replies
userxOkTBMl4M6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Two months sice I solved the problem,  just registering the S2 to other phone and returning to the original one. But unless this worked for me it is not the solution that Samsung has to provide. This is a problem that has been for almost 2 years without any solution from  Samsung.

As anybody has told here I think that it is moment to begin legal actions

0 Likes
userMLqeovARyR
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Gear S2

Maodel -SM-R730V

Tizen Ver - 2.3.2.7

Software Version - r730vvru3drc1

0 Likes
userO5DmxcH3rB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

SM-R735T

R735TUVU3DRC1

0 Likes
userWuZkqz8b2t
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

İnsanlarda oluşan duyma problemleri işitme cihazı ile ortadan kaldırılır. Si-Ser İşitme Merkezi olarak herkesin duymasını olanaklı hale getiriyoruz. İnsanların yaşam kalitesini artırma noktasında işitme oldukça önemlidir. Bu nedenle de duymama sorunu yaşayan kişilerin yaşam kalitesinde de bir düşme meydana gelir.

0 Likes
userwwbY7L2Luo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

GEAR S2:

Model: SM-R730A

Software version: R730AUCU3DRC1

0 Likes
Bob_D
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Did you find a fix to this? I have the same problem.

0 Likes
khw
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have exactly the same problem.  Shame on you, Samsung.

0 Likes
userHL0hPx5iGE
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
This is my exact problem too!   

I've had my Gear S2 3G watch for about 1year...  Never had ANY battery problem with this watch since I've had it....

All of a sudden (within the last week or so), my battery dies so quickly...  I took my watch off the charger at 6AM, and it was 100%.  By 11AM, my watch buzzes, and says 'low battery'.  I'm at 15% in 5 hours...  

I'm reading that people are turning things off, removing their watch face, turning EVERYTHING off, except for BT.  What???  I never had to do that before, and why the hell should I have to do this to use my watch for ONE DAY???  It worked fine before this recent update...

Is Samsung going to address this issue? What is the status on this fix???

0 Likes
DavidK
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having that exact problem also.

My Gear 2 Neo with my S5 lasted for days.

I just got a S8+, and now the watch dies in 4 hours.

When I paired it with the S8+ it required my to do a factory reset on the watch already.

0 Likes
userENtNCAsbvX
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the s9+, mine do not last 3hrs. At 5:30am 100% at 6:10 its at 79% by 8:15: 45%, its now 11:35 at 10%. before this would last the entire day with about 45% left on it. Now not even half the morning.

I had a phone number on the watch since i had it with verizon. i disconnected the number, factory reset it and it has gotten even worst- dont last 2hours at all.

0 Likes