cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userF8QLMbwvkP
Asteroid

Samsung Gear S3 Battery Issues solved

On June 8th I received a sizeable update to the Wear app and the watch. I have gone from 8 hours of battery life to 32 hours, with all my apps loaded on the watch. Looks like Samsung has begun rolling out a solution to the battery drain issue. Thank you Samsung.

3 REPLIES 3
jrmoscosoa
Constellation

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Battery Issues solved

I had the same update without resolving my problems.  My Frontier is turning 3 years and have been acting strangely for the last months. After some 4 to 5 hours of use it will turn off apparently because of a low battery which will show on the gear screen as anything from 60 to 40%. When I put it back in the charger, the screen will flash stating battery level in or around 80% and minutes to complete charged. Is this something related to the OS or the battery is showing its age? My Gear SN: R5AJ20BXJ5W
JRMA

Highlighted
userFPDonm954M
Astronaut

I'm pretty sure I got that same update and it CAUSED battery problems.  I've had my Frontier for almost 3 years now with virtually no battery issues to speak of.  Now, it turns off without warning it's low on battery, and where I could easily go 1.5-2 days without charging before, I can't go 6 hours.  This update definitely has some issues.

user9ofbLkREFz
Constellation

@userF8QLMbwvkP 

It is not solved! I wish it was, so my otherwise light expensive paper weight could go back to serving its actual purpose and function.