Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Battery Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservVhQXS27xn Can I please have our full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my att LTE version of s3 frontier over 2 years ago, now the battery is completely dead. It shows 100% charged immediately it is on the craddle, but the watch cannot even complete boot before the battery ran out, no matter how long I left the watch on the craddle to get charged. 

I have owned many versions of Samsung phones since s3, and gifted two galaxy watches to family members recently.  It is sad to see so many complaints about the same battery issues, yet Samsung has not yet offered a free fix.  I had product issues with Apple (battery and motherboard for Macbooks) and Sony (TV power circuit board), both of them offered free and easy fix way after warranty expired.  Not acknowledging a wide spread product design/manufacture issue does no good to the the brand. Unless Samsung stands up for its products, I don't see myself purchasing another Samsung again. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqegtmvp0gO Can you send a private message here with the model and the serial number of the watch?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have a Gear S3 Classic (Software version: R770XXU2ESF2/R770OXA2ESF2). After the last OS update, which added all those animations which drain the battery, the watch lasts "maybe" 4-5 hours and this is with the battery optimized and all connections turned off except bluetooth.

The watch used to prompt when battery is low giving you the option to switch to Power Saving Mode. Now, if I get a prompt, clicking Yes turns the phone off. Most days, I never even get a prompt, the watch just dies. When charging the watch, I noticed when placing it down, it "instantly" jumps to ~68% charged - really? 

The watch is no longer under warranty and did NOT have any of these issues prior to the OS update. Samsung support, please advise! @SamsungJoJo @SamsungAdam

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have a 2.5-year-old S3 Frontier, and the battery was fine up until around last October. I copped it up to a bad software update and threw it in the drawer for a few months and I've come back to it a few times. This past month I've really tried to troubleshoot the issue. I've tried a couple of master resets, different clock faces, disabling just about every feature that you would think would reduce battery, I've even downgraded to a wearable plugin APK that was released prior to last October. Still only getting between 12-15 hours on a smartwatch that has almost all of its features disabled.

This weekend I finally bit the bullet and replaced the battery at an authorized Samsung repair center, thinking it was a hardware issue and the battery drain is still persisting. I've wiped the cache for all the apps, let it completely discharge and recharge while off to "calibrate" the battery, and tried another master reset while downloading all new apps

What do  I need to do to get this watch fixed? I am not interested in purchasing another. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well as of today im in the Samsung watch battery dies quick club. Right after last update, its been junk. Sad that I had to go back to a fitbit that lasts for three days to not have to pull my Samsung phone out to read a text.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to the Samsung store today to see if i can get my S3 Frontier fix because of the same issues everyone is having and i was told i had to call Samsung to get it repaired. I called then and i gave them the model number etc... and they said i would have to send it in for repair. I am currently out of warranty since i have had the watch for about 2.5 years. I was advised it would be around $72 for repair plus anything else they find, from reading this thread i see people are being hit with aditional charges and i would rather get something else at this point. I love my watch but im not going to pay the same price to get a new one. I wonder if there are any local repair shops that couls source the battery and replace it. I'm only getting aroud 3 hours off a full charge and i didn't have this issue before i updated it just started out of nowhere. I love Samsung products but this is really pissing me off when you spend $400 on a watch that lasts 2 years.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Shame on you, Samsung. I received my watch in Dec 2016, and probably I got a couple of days of charge out of it...at first. That said, a couple of the features advertised weren't even available in Switzerland at the time, and I the battery life was just an extra annoyance from the start. After all, it was advertised as having "up to" 5 days of battery life!

Within a year it was down to a day and I'd long since turned off the WiFi and NFC, and since around January 2020 (just over 3 years) it became nearly unusable. I began wearing it in power saving mode.

Something like a couple of weeks ago even the power saving mode gave me only something like 2-3 hours of time.

Of course I've tried a factory reset...no difference. Software updates, no difference.

Yesterday I tried a solution somebody posted on another thread - let the watch die and sit dead for a day, then full recharge and try again. This gave about 6 hours in regular mode today; that's already better but we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

What's clear from my own experience and that of countless users online is that the drain seems to kick in overnight. This makes it almost certainly a software issue.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's some kind of programmed obsolescence. Maybe Samsung likes watching its customers twist themselves inside out on the forums trying to figure it out, but really they just want us to buy a new watch.

Whatever it is - programmed failure or just buggy software - I've been disappointed in this watch so many times that I'm never going back to a Samsung watch. I've seen a few happy Garmin users...maybe that's next.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have read all 97+ posts.  I have had my Gear S3 Frontier for about 2 years and recently (after an update) my battery life went from approx 3 days when it was new, to about 8 hours.  I have charge it every night if it lasts that long.  After reading the posts, I am convinced it is because of the updates.  I will try replacing the battery, but will not buy a new watch from Samsung.  My wife has a S3, I have two Samsung TV's, we each have 10+ phones and a new Samsung refrigerator.  No problems with anything yet except our watches.  I am really disappointed in Samsung.

Samsung, FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!!!!!