cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Battery Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Shame on you, Samsung. I received my watch in Dec 2016, and probably I got a couple of days of charge out of it...at first. That said, a couple of the features advertised weren't even available in Switzerland at the time, and I the battery life was just an extra annoyance from the start. After all, it was advertised as having "up to" 5 days of battery life!

Within a year it was down to a day and I'd long since turned off the WiFi and NFC, and since around January 2020 (just over 3 years) it became nearly unusable. I began wearing it in power saving mode.

Something like a couple of weeks ago even the power saving mode gave me only something like 2-3 hours of time.

Of course I've tried a factory reset...no difference. Software updates, no difference.

Yesterday I tried a solution somebody posted on another thread - let the watch die and sit dead for a day, then full recharge and try again. This gave about 6 hours in regular mode today; that's already better but we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

What's clear from my own experience and that of countless users online is that the drain seems to kick in overnight. This makes it almost certainly a software issue.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's some kind of programmed obsolescence. Maybe Samsung likes watching its customers twist themselves inside out on the forums trying to figure it out, but really they just want us to buy a new watch.

Whatever it is - programmed failure or just buggy software - I've been disappointed in this watch so many times that I'm never going back to a Samsung watch. I've seen a few happy Garmin users...maybe that's next.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have read all 97+ posts.  I have had my Gear S3 Frontier for about 2 years and recently (after an update) my battery life went from approx 3 days when it was new, to about 8 hours.  I have charge it every night if it lasts that long.  After reading the posts, I am convinced it is because of the updates.  I will try replacing the battery, but will not buy a new watch from Samsung.  My wife has a S3, I have two Samsung TV's, we each have 10+ phones and a new Samsung refrigerator.  No problems with anything yet except our watches.  I am really disappointed in Samsung.

Samsung, FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I regret that I have joined the ranks of the dreaded short battery life after a Samsung uppdate.  I was getting 1.5 to 2 days of battery life and am now lucky if i can get 12 hours. Normal is 8 and I hardly use it. I have rest to factory, removed and reinstalled the apps on my phone at least 6 times. Removed almost everything to a point that I could not use my watch for the reasons I bought it and still terrible battery life.

I contacted support and they instally would not help me, of course it is out of warranty,  but I did get one person who was willing to try and help via chat.  At the end of the session, the solution is to send it in for a fee, which is about the price of a new watch, and hope it gets fixed.  REALLY after a Samsung update, I am going to have to pay to get my watch back to where it was before the update??  My wife also has a Galaxy watch which is also starting to exhibit the battery life issues.  My family had always been Apple fans,  but a few years back my kids convinced me to give Samsung a try.

Given this experience, and  the lack of support from Samsung to rectify the problem, I think it is time for us to suck up our losses and go back to Apple for our phones and watches needs.  One thing is for sure,  because of this experience I  make a point to let everyone I know to stay clear of Samsung Watches. They look nice, but....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I replace my battery myself about a year and a half ago and it is still working fine. Seems like everyone runs into the same problem after around 2 years of ownership. Just buy a battery with the tools offline and do it yourself.  You will get your money worth out of the watch.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My battery is draining within an hour. I've had it for 2.5 years. Is there a fix?