cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Battery Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm seeing the same thing, I believe an update did it. I'm getting less than a day now, used to get 2 days.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, my S3 began the behaviors described by many of the other owners in this thread with that update. Since I've owned several gears from inception, they all seem to have about two years of trouble free service and then the batteries or operating systems issues develops. The refrain is always the same and we get stuck with repair or replace the devices. And the last place to want repair once out of warranty is at Samsung. The repair cost will always be just a little less than replacement cost. It seems the strategy of keep them coming back every two years works well for them. The reason I'm reading this thread is because I'm again at those crossroads. Samsung sells a great product in most cases but the limited usage time diminishes the value exponentially. It's almost like a fireworks show, its bright and beautiful but gone in a instant. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung moderators,

I have received, last week,  the update R760XXU2CRK2 described as to fix battery problems.

After downloading the update, resetting the watch and following all the recommended steps, I am experiencing the same battery life of 5 hours max.

Bottom line: IT DIDN’T WORK.

Please keep trying. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPuXwUmCYq8 It is basically the current software version on your device. It would be found in the about device section of the menu. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jecca,

I have reported the information in my first post. Here it is again:

My watch is a SM-R760

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R760XXU2CRH1

Knox 2.2.0

SE for Tizen 1.0.0

TIMA 3.0.0

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When was the last time you updated the watch? Also, what device do you have the watch connected to? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jecca,

last checked 8/14/18

it is connected to a Galaxy S9+

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Their running the latest built. I would just tell everyone to write it off as a loss and learn from it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine wont last 2 hours. Took it off the charger 30 min ago and it's down to 73% and will randomly shut down when it gets below 40%. 

Actually, it just shut down as I'm writing this. When I put it back on the charger it says it's at 94%!!!

Samsung needs to repair this build and fix the battery issue. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can not speculate on future updates. Can I have your full model code and software version?