cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
7h3d34f0n3
Asteroid

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - After ONE UI update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yesterday I got a notification that I have an update for the Wearable app on my phone. I updated the app on the phone and then got a notification for an update for my Gear S3 Frontier watch to update to the ONE UI. I proceeded with the update (watch on the charger & the phone on its charger... both are about 6"~8" apart) and all seemed fine my phone confirmed that the update was finished after a couple of minutes. I put my watch back on and everything seemed to be working fine. A few minutes later I felt a vibration on my watch. I went to check the notification. To my surprise the watch was not responding to any type of input. I turned the dial and nothing pressed the buttons and nothing. I held in the power button to turn off the watch and nothing. I eventually got a notification on the device (WATCH) rebooting. After a few seconds the screen went black. Now all I am getting is a loop of the watch is stating that it is rebooting and then going black. I put it back on the charger and was able to get it to reboot by holding the power button and it actually rebooted and was usable to use it for maybe a few minutes. It then went back to being non responsive and then going into the reboot then the black screen loop. I was able to get it usable on the charger again doing the reboot and did a factory reset. I then uninstalled the app and all of the other apps that work along with the app on the phone and reinstalled the app on the phone. I then went thru the process and synced the factory reset watch to my phone and DID NOT have it restore from a back up, I wanted to start from scratch thinking that a factory reset would fix what ever the issues was. Now I am still having the same issue after the ONE UI update where the screen goes black and the watch becomes unresponsive to any type of inputs. I now just have a paper weight on my dresser. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everything I have learned over my years of being fan of technology.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - After ONE UI update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the factory reset did not help I would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician. If you would be interested in having a service ticket set up for your device please send me a private message with the full model code and serial/IMEI number of the watch.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the factory reset did not help I would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician. If you would be interested in having a service ticket set up for your device please send me a private message with the full model code and serial/IMEI number of the watch.

View solution in original post

7h3d34f0n3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what are we supposed to do if you (Samsung) update ruined our devices up to the point we now have a paper weight?  I have noticed there a lot of complaints since this update on various issues because of the update with no resolutions to most of them.

useri5yjGURGd6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Of course they go silent (Hear nothing but Crickets)

FormerGearFan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, most of us will be out of warranty and will be expected to pay to have the software update rolled back to a working version. As mentioned by another customer in a different thread their watch was rolled back, but then quit working again once they received it back from "repairs" and the watch was updated. Definitely a bad software update. This is absolutely crazy. Can't believe this is the solution.

userSF2O2tIoTs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear s3 is doing the exact same thing. How many people does it take,for the faithful Samsung community to get our watch fixed? Should I rethink using/ purchasing Samsung products for the future.

7h3d34f0n3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:

I was informed that I need to send my watch in for repair since it is past the warranty period.  Out of all the people I talked with none of the would admit that the update bricked my watch.  The last response I had was there must be something else wrong with your device an update would not do that.  So I guess I will call the phone support and probably go through this all over again to send it in to get repaired.

I am surprised you can buy a $20 watch and it will work for 15 plus years and then you can buy a watch for over $300 and in the blink of an eye have a paper weight.

I hope this will not be to expensive to fix because I have realized how much I used this watch since it has become a paper weight.

userPuXwUmCYq8
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar problem a year or so ago with the update to Tizen of my S3 Frontier. After updating the software, the battery started draining completely in a couple of hours.

Samsung repaired it. But now I refuse to run the updates.

However it is very annoying to receive 10 notifications a day. I’d really want to find a way to stop it.

Su-47
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please post on this thread and keep us updated. Thank you.

Sorry for your trouble. I think Samsung needs to get out of the OS software builds.  They are just not software people.

ArizonaMTB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm suffering the same issue since the last update. Never had a problem till the T-mobile update on 8-8-19.

Battery was replaced a few months ago. Pulled off charger at 100% but randomly shuts off and won't turn back on unless its charging. 

Rep says they have not had any issues reported about this so they can't help me. (Your freaking kidding right)?