cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier & Samsung Pay with OnePlus 6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

My name is Jonas, I got my new Galaxy S3 Frontier yesterday, I am quite happy with it, but I can't get Samsung Pay to work with my OnePlus 6, I have the wearable-app installed, as well as the Galaxy watch plugin, there doesn't seem to be a disruption in the general connection between my phone and the watch, I get a text, and the watch notifies me as well, I mark it was read (instead of reading it), and my phone registers this.

I tried setting up Samsung Pay through the wearable-app yesterday, and it simply wouldn't even start up the initial loading screen, tried again this morning, and now I can get to the initial loading screen, but I keep getting connection error messages. It is progress I guess, but it is still annyoing. 

I have seen that some people needed to download an older .apk version of the app, and then they got it to work, but it doesn't even want to install on my phone (might be interference from the wearable-app). 

I am from Denmark.

My phone's build number is ONEPLUS A6003_22_181026.

Android ver. 9.

OxygenOS ver. 9.0.2

Watch Info.

Model: SM-R760

Tizen: 3.0.0.2

Software: R760XXU2CRH1

Knox. 2.2.0

TIMA: 3.0.0

Hope that someone can help. Have a great day. 

SIncerely

Jonas

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Frontier & Samsung Pay with OnePlus 6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never mind, I just corrected my brain fart of intergalactic proportions, and Googled '' Samsung Pay Denmark'', and read that it hadn't been launched in neither Denmark, or Norway, but only in Sweden (out of the Scandinavian countries), which is why it asked for a Swedish registered SIM-card. I apologize for this waste of time, and server storage.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this info! As this is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek support for your area. You can do so here: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I decided to buy it directly from Samsung, the site was in Danish, and I assumed that there was some stock or inventory in Denmark, but apperently it was sent from Sweden, didn't think that it would do much difference, but apperently I was wrong. I decided to try and uninstall the Samsung Wearable-app, and the Gear S plug-in, and re-install it, it didn't work, but after I had it set-up again, it flashed a message for a fraction of a second, wanting me to insert a Swedish registered SIM-card, which leads to believe that it might be region locked, and I would have to go into some firmware to change it. 

Sincerely

Jonas

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never mind, I just corrected my brain fart of intergalactic proportions, and Googled '' Samsung Pay Denmark'', and read that it hadn't been launched in neither Denmark, or Norway, but only in Sweden (out of the Scandinavian countries), which is why it asked for a Swedish registered SIM-card. I apologize for this waste of time, and server storage.