cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Gear Sport S3 Wifi on Oreo Galaxy S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't get my Samsung Gear Sport S3 wifi to work. It just keeps scanning, but won't een show nearby networks. I'm using a Samsung S9+ running on Oreo.  Need wifi to download Spotify playlist so I can run without having my phone.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Gear Sport S3 Wifi on Oreo Galaxy S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I restored my Samsung S9+ and Gear Sport to factory at the same time. Only app I installed was Samsung Gear app. Went to watch and setup wifi. Was able to connect to wifi on the watch. After I setup the wifi on the watch, I restored my apps and settings on the phone. Everything seems to work now. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good evening @userjtgPyUHLZL

Have you tried to connect the S3 with your Wifi when it is outside the range of your phone, or has the Bluetooth turned off so that it can't connect to your phone?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I've tried to connect the watch with my phone off, out of range, and with bluetooth off. I still can't connect. It just keeps scanning. I've returned the watch and this is my second one. Both were doing the exact same thing. 

I've even tried restoring the watches both from a backup and as a new watch. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userjtgPyUHLZL

I see, and just to rule out any possible incompatibility with your WiFi have you checked to see if your watch will connect to another WiFi network?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I've tried work, my home, friends' homes, and even public wifis such as McDonalds and Starbucks. Watch just keeps scanning.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon community, would anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone else run into this error before?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I restored my Samsung S9+ and Gear Sport to factory at the same time. Only app I installed was Samsung Gear app. Went to watch and setup wifi. Was able to connect to wifi on the watch. After I setup the wifi on the watch, I restored my apps and settings on the phone. Everything seems to work now. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really??? 

You have to factory reset both the phone and the watch in order for the watch to achieve a WiFi connection?  And both of these devices come from Samsung! !!

Clearly there is something amiss with Samsung's integration and validation if a customer has to go to such lengths for a watch to function. 

It seems that you have to factory reset to charge , not to run down the battery at a ridiculous rate and God knows what other situations.

When is Samsung going fix the mess that is Tizen 3!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same issue. It's very frustrating. I am not about to factory restore both my phone and my watch to get this to work. Unreal. I did NOT have these issues with my apple watch. I am so close to switching back!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

any other solutions beside factory reset on the phone?  I can reset the watch (which i've done already), but I am not willing to reset the phone.  Too much stuff on it and too much work to ensure I don't loose my stuff.