cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userShhgMpubzV
Asteroid

Samsung Pay Not Working On Frontier Paired With S10

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've had my Frontier almost as long as my S8 with no issues. Now that I've updated to the S10 Pay does not work on the watch. It works on the S10 though. When I try to launch it on the watch, it says to open the gear app on my phone and download the Pay app. The Pay app is already downloaded. I tried resetting the watch and starting over, but that did not work. Anyone else have this issue?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dwg064
Constellation

Re: Samsung Pay Not Working On Frontier Paired With S10

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I fixed mine by side loading the APK. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-pay-watch-plug-in/samsung-pay-watch... Had to do this same thing with my Pixel 3. I just loaded it and Sammy Pay works on my new S10. Geez Louise Samsung..... GET IT TOGETHER

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sonyntny
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes i have the same problem. I attempted to reset watch couple of times. Still not working. 

usereu21FTsxQ6
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem, Gear S3 classic and Galaxy s10

userZ2pUsxVthy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Add me to the list...was working perfectly with my old S5. The Galaxy Wearable app just updated and reset the watch. Now the Samsung Pay app is nowhere to be found on the watch! Press and holding the "pay" button on the watch does nothing!
userZW7SgmT4fC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the issue.  I have afeeling this is going to be a long list and a fix is needed. 

Dwg064
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I fixed mine by side loading the APK. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-pay-watch-plug-in/samsung-pay-watch... Had to do this same thing with my Pixel 3. I just loaded it and Sammy Pay works on my new S10. Geez Louise Samsung..... GET IT TOGETHER

View solution in original post

userShhgMpubzV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, that did the trick. I can once again throw my money away by using my watch. I agree about Samsung, we shouldn't have to jump through this hoop.

userZ2pUsxVthy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, that worked for me.  After installing the APK, it did an update as well.  The only drawback is that the Wearable app does not list the Samsung Pay (watch) app.  The only way I've been able to access the watch pay app on the phone is to "fake" adding a card via the watch.  Are you experienceing this too?

userShhgMpubzV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, the app shows up on my list of installed apps, but I can only force stop it, can't interact with it. Your fake way is the only way I see. But, as long as it works to pay I'm ok until Samsung addresses it.

Highlighted
userccccMVaDi2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  Galaxy S10+ with Gear S3 Frontier and no Samsung pay.  I'm not a big fan of sideloading apps, but sideloading apps that handle my credit cards seems like the most dangerous thing you could do. 

I hate to wait it out, but I'm gonna wait it out. 

C'mon Samsung, fix this!