cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Pay and switching between Gear s2 and s3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whenever I switch between my Gear S2 (which is not set up for Samsung Pay) and my Gear S3, I lose all credit card information on my Gear S3, and have to set up my credit card all over again. Looking around, I see that this issue was documented last May in at least one other S3 forum elsewhere, and I'm wondering if there has been some sort of fix or workaround of which I'm unaware since that time. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Pay and switching between Gear s2 and s3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly it probably is a security feature. When switching between two different devices it makes sense, for the safety of your money, to not just assume the person is you again. The same thing happens if you remove the Gear entirely then repair it to your phone. Your phone won't just assume it's you and put all that sensitive data on it without several checks and balances.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Still no responses to this? The problem hasn't gone away, and is quite annoying. Other sources say it may be a security-related feature, but it doesn't really make sense.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly it probably is a security feature. When switching between two different devices it makes sense, for the safety of your money, to not just assume the person is you again. The same thing happens if you remove the Gear entirely then repair it to your phone. Your phone won't just assume it's you and put all that sensitive data on it without several checks and balances.

View solution in original post