Original topic:

Samsung Pay doesn't install on Gear S3

(Topic created on: 2/15/21 1:39 PM)
MichaelDee
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have talked to support 3 different times with the same issue and I still don't have resolution.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

I have Gear S3 Classic (verizon) and Note 20 Ultra and I cannot install Samsung Pay on the watch.  It always hangs on the installing screen.

The Note20 Ultra has Android 11 and OneUI 3.

The Gear S3 has tizen 4.0.0.7.

From the Google Play store reviews for the watch plug-in, it seems I'm not the only one with this issue.  

Has anyone found a solution?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear&hl=en_US&gl=US&sho...

Here are all the reviews quoting Gear S3:

After 3 additional weeks of unsuccessful attempts, I am still unable to install watch plug-in. Using S20+ with Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier. This plug-in worked flawlessly on my former device S7 Edge. What is the issue Samsung?

Won't install on Gear S3 Frontier after pairing with new phone. Samsung was a little helpful at first but for the last 3 months it's been nothing but crickets.

Will not load onto gear s3 frontier, ive tried about 20 times, waste of time

Won't install on gear s3 frontier, will say installing for hours but never finishes

A couple of months ago, I had to reset my watch due to a battery issue. After that, the problem started. I have no longer been able to use Samsung Pay on my Gear S3. I have contacted support many times and email the error report. NOTHING HAPPENED. Please fix this issue as I would love to use my watc…

This is reason why I use LG. Even years later I now decided to try a Samsung device and get dissappointed because it doesn't work right..Pay app stuck on checking availability. At first I managed to get to the sign in screen but the sign in button wont work...I'm using a LG Zone 4 with a Gear S3 ATT…

The app worked great on my Gear S3 when I had a Note9. When I upgraded to Note20, the app will not work on my Gear S3. Keeps saying "An error has occurred" I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app but that did not work. So until this is fixed I will keep my rating at 1 star.

So sad I really disappointed from Samsung services in Sweden I have been use galaxy gear S3 frontier for last 3 years several times I called Samsung Support in Sweden I didn't receive any kind of help or information ! I ask them to help how to fix the problem on my gear s3 I wanna pay from my watch ...

Full Review

It worked great on my gear s3 frontier. Then stopped working all together. I didn't change anything. I've tried all the trouble shooting and still no good.

Upgraded my phone to the latest Samsung and now the app will not work on my Gear S3. I'm starting to think it's intentional to get you to buy a new watch.

0 Likes
8 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@MichaelDee 

I have a Note 20 Ultra and Samsung Gear S3 BT version and have no problems with Samsung Pay.

Have you tried deleting the Galaxy Wearable app from your phone completely and reinstalling? When you delete the Wearable app it will also ask for your permission to remove the plug-ins which I would do. 

0 Likes
MichaelDee
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
yesI have done all that maybe you could be so kind as to share the relevant software versions on your phone and your watch so that I can see if I have the same ones
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@MichaelDee 

Same as you. 

The Note20 Ultra has Android 11 and OneUI 3.

The Gear S3 has tizen 4.0.0.7.

0 Likes
David_P
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

EXACT same issue on Note 20 Ultra.  But I still have my Note 10 + AND S7 and BOTH will install the plugin just fine, however note 20 ultra, "Failed to install" every time.  The App just keeps saying installing but the notification at top of the screen indicates it failed to install the app.

INCREDIBLY frustrating Samsung.  Get your act together and fix this.

If this is some kind of "planned deprecation" then my next move will be to deprecate ALL 9  Samsung products in my household.

0 Likes
userbi8JW8fCuW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've tried everything since I got my s21 Ultra on launch day and it's one of the main reasons why I haven't upgraded my watch since a new ones lost the feature to use the old machines.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
David_P
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So Samsung has something to say to the guy with a NON US product but not the rest of us?  Nice support, thanks :(

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

0 Likes