cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung frontier S3 causing burns on my wrist.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same. I going to return it .. man burned me good.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there folks,

I am having the same problem with unusual burning on my wrist. I have the Galaxy Watch 46mm. I came from the Apple Watch and never had an issue with Silicone straps before. Please advise.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@21PaulT

Hello,

Can you send me a private message here so I can further assist you

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly same with me. Any success with Samsung support?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @cocoschnapps I completely understand your concern and I would be as well if this happened to me. Unfortunately, we cannot call you directly but I would like to reach out to you through Private Messages if you could take a look when you have a chance. If you would like to speak to someone via phone, I would recommend reaching out to one of other lines of support  on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungsupport) or by calling 1 (800) 726-7864.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem with my Gear Frontier. No issues with my Casio sport watch with a similar band. This is the first time I can recall that my skin has reacted to a watch band. Is there an issue with the rubber composition? Is the band Silicone? It is in convenient not to wear the watch. Looks like I will have to buy an after-market band.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're not alone... the new Galaxy Watch launched in September is shipped with straps that have caused me a severe burn-like reaction on my wrists. Reported it to Samsung on Monday and so far all they say is "Stop wearing the watch for a few days and allow the reaction to go" and "Don't wear the watch all the time".

Defeats the object of a health/sleep tracking watch, and an expensive one at that.

No consideration for the quality of their product that is the cause of these issues. And issues I've not had previously with Fitbit bands.

Pretty arrogant of Samsung to treat loyal customers like this.

Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 8, Gear VR headset, Gear 360 camera, Ultrabook, 22in smart TV, 32in TV, 50in HD TV (x2), 65in UHD Curved TV, and the Galaxy Watch 46mm - all the Samsung products I can remember buying over the past 4 or 5 years.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear, can you please send me a private message here?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also have the same problem and my burns keep getting worse.  I take the watch off and put on my waist, then back on wrist in a few days.  I am not sure if the issue is with composition of material in the wrist, however if you look at the wrist strap, there is embossed lettering (i.e. "22 : L Gear S3") on one side and other lettering on the other.  Over time, this letting rubbing against your skin would probably cause issues than if it were just flat rubber/silicon.

I've tried tightening the strap too, it doesn't work.  Aftermarket straps are the way to go in this case.