JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy watch causing pain

(Topic created: 03-24-2020 08:26 AM)
userYIHVOnrGR9
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

186 Replies
userOv4t3bXB3u
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here my hand feels like if I have arthritis but I only feel it on the left hand where I wear my smartwatch,  any solutions I been having this pain for 2 weeks at least. 

0 Likes
baybrotha
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the Samsung 46mm LET Watch.  I had the worst sharp pain in at the top of my left arm.  I thought it might have something to do with watch so I stopped wearing it and the pain dissappeared.   After a week, I started wearing it again, and the pain came back, but not as sharp.  I've since stopped wearing the watch and I'm left with a dull sensation troughout my left arm.  I'm now assuming that strapping a cell phone to my wrist may not be a good idea.    

MR JAMES JENNINGS JR
0 Likes
userdmxSogYJXK
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I see soo many users reporting this issue and this is considered to be a health and safety issue. I'm also experiencing the same being a samsung customer since past 10 years and never had seen this kind of an issue. I had also used a MI Band 4 for about 3 months or so and never had any issue !

My left arm until shoulder and neck started paining and couldn't sleep for whole night. It's unbearable!

Samsung should take this seriously and i'm utterly disappointed after being associated with the brand for about 10 years and having to face this issue.

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, I would be happy to look into your concerns. Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userdmxSogYJXK
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Sent
0 Likes
user0fjaMq69jd
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, thank you for your post.

I wanted to know if there has been any resolution to this? I recently purchased a Samsung Gear FitPro2 two weeks ago and had to stop wearing it because of the excrutiating pain it was causing from my fingers up to my elbow. I have not warn it for a few days, but the pain remains, even as I type this post. I've worn watches and bands at the same spot on my wrist all my life with no issues and have always been a fan of Samsung products. Planning on going to the doctor next week to get my wrist checked out. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@user0fjaMq69jd Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing? Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercTbtQKWo3T
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My gear S3 has a similar feeling after some software update last year which I then stopped wearing it. It feels like a small sharp pain due to heat or very mild electrical current where the watch touches the skin. I thought it was just my imagination but apparently not. Pain goes away just hours of not wearing the watch. I've tried updating software, resetting it but doesn't seem to help

userPeg5PcIcw4
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I was curious about this my arm to wrist yo elbow has also been hurting me. Weird that it could be the smart watch I got for Christmas.. 

HeadHunter4621
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My gear S3 frontier has been doing the same thing even if I listen it a whole bunch.

0 Likes