JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy watch causing pain

(Topic created: 08-23-2020 09:55 AM)
userYIHVOnrGR9
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

186 Replies
Samsung_6jU633s
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

No I haven't

0 Likes
user2QPulQNV2b
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same pain, now in my wrist, elbow and now shoulder.   Does this go away after I quit wearing the watch .  I can't even sleep.  I have the lte version and have heart monitor turned on.  

0 Likes
userQqwA07SzHy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@SamsungAdam  I am having this same isssue with pain and discomfort....it can get pretty intense. Oddly, I have found the only thing that resolves this is to put the watch into airplane mode and/or turn off bluetooth & wifi. It's as if the bluetooth or wifi antennas are too strong (wild guess) or there's not enough shielding  on the back of the watch.

What's odd is that I don't experience this with any other fitness trackers like FitBit and Garmin or any other bluetooth devices like headphones, earbuds, etc. Because of this I was actively looking for a new smartwatch... but maybe it's just a hardware issue?

It's a bummer because I have not been able to use this otherwise amazing watch as a smart watch since original purchase, because of this. I thought I was just an odd duck, until I came upon this thread.

What makes me think it's the bluetooth is because sometimes I'll need to turn the bluetooth on to sync with Samsung health and I'll forget to turn BT off and then several hours later I notice the irritation and pain again, and then I check and it's on and I turn it off and the pain subsides and I can continue wearing the watch.

Please help! Looking for an answer!

0 Likes
userd1WD9jvsii
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I'm having the same issue to the point my wrist has become swollen and i can barely move it. I wish I had realized it was the watch.
0 Likes
userZmVkfkTy3R
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm also having the same problem with the S3. 

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

0 Likes
userj1KY6rmvwt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have had awful pain in my wrist and elbow since I got my S20 ultra

0 Likes
userIXbZ4EtnHQ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Wow, I've been having pain for months and for some reason something just clicked this morning that maybe it is my watch. Has anyone found any real solutions to this pain other than no longer wearing the watch?

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I would like to look into this issue for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
0 Likes
user83rquPlMeq
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You are not alone. I'm having the same issue. I have been wearing this watch for about a year now and in the last month I've had this pain from my finger tips up my arm and to my shoulder. I recently tried switching wrists and after a few days I noticed a slight pain starting in that one too. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@user83rquPlMeq Please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes