JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy watch causing pain

(Topic created on: 11/22/20 2:54 AM)
userYIHVOnrGR9
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

186 Replies
momof5
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just bought the Galaxy Active 2 yesterday.  I love the watch, but it causes pain in my arm.  I read many of these posts with people having the same issue, and then I contacted Samsung (through the Chat feature) to get a solution.  I was told this is the first time they have encountered this issue.  The rep suggested I have this checked in a service center. 

I would appreciate an honest response from Samsung.

0 Likes
userWtA457atSI
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I thought maybe it was my left hand. I didn't wear it for a while and the pain is gone. This time I put it on my right and it started with pain in the wrist and then it has gone up my arm and into my fingers. The watch is clearly the culprit.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am sorry to hear about this! Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch. I will be happy to look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLzGz2D4qrC
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had the same problem with watch active. Pain went away after seral days of not wearing. Then put it on again and pain came back. More precisely, it's numbness in arm and finger.

0 Likes
userSGFO0T4p0O
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Bought the new Samsung Galaxy Watch3. After 2 months of wear, noticed aching in my wrist. At first I didn't attribute it to watch (thought maybe I slept wrong or injured wrist without knowing). I also checked watch band to ensure not to tight. Determined pain was watch related when I forgot to wear watch for a couple of days and noticed wrist no longer ached.
Has anyone found a solution. I now have a very expensive paperweight.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message? https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFiVDdgDuLr
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I feel the same. Its been about a month since purchase. Im getting a wierd sensation right under where the watch sits on my wrist. I started having a tightness in my elbow every morning upon waking, so I removed the watch and that symptom has dissappeared. Creepy. Im afraid to continue wearing for fear of long term damage. Who knows what this type of radio activity can do long term. 

0 Likes
userMRZlrxM1GG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi Samsung Team

Ive a simmilar issue, please help. I loved wearing my watch for a short while but cant wear it anymore, I experience so much pain when wearing it. 

0 Likes
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey, just wanted to to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

0 Likes