JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy watch causing pain

(Topic created: 04-14-2019 03:30 AM)
userYIHVOnrGR9
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
186 Replies
usernZFASDpe82
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having the same pain you described! I'm not sure what's going on did you receive any feed back? 

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any pain in their wrist, arm, and fingers when wearing the new Galaxy Watch LTE 42mm? I've had mine since the 29th or April, and over time it has gone from a tingle to full on nerve pain. My wrist aches and pain shoots up to my elbow and down to my pinky finger. It slowly subsides when I take my watch off. It's not too tight or too loose (I was constantly changing the tightness thinking this was the issue) I would never have thought a watch could cause this pain but after searching the net there seems to be a few people with the same reports from other smart watches. Could the sensors cause something like this?

userYIHVOnrGR9
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Not a thing. I was allowed to return the watch (the pain being only one of the problems of a few) and ir was never mentioned again. No follow up, no answer here. And as you can see there is 15 pages of people with the exact same symptoms. I moved to a Fitbit Charge 3 not long after and have had it almost a year now and have never experienced the pain I did with the Samsung Galaxy Watch. 

0 Likes
usert4fYypX5Ge
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes Im experiencing the same pain thats what lead me here. I dont wear my watch tight either. I honestly believe its the sensors causing nerve damage. My arm is in so much pain right now i want to cry. Samsung please take note of this conversation. 

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

@userYIHVOnrGR9 wrote:

user2giGgq7wkf
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same symptoms and have posted elsewhere in the community with no response from Samsung 😕

0 Likes
userhn7F4sJDzu
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having similar issues. Have you found any solution to this? The pain has gotten so bad that at times I can't shake it off.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userhn7F4sJDzu Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKPjorpobgs
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am also experiencing this pain. I purchased the watch 1 week ago and have unbareable nerve pain throughout my wrist and forearm. And no I am not wearing the watch too tight. I had a fossil Gen 4 before this and it didn't give me any problems like this. I have also switched off the heart rate sensor which has not helped at all. 

This is not acceptable Samsung. Get on top of it, do right by your loyal customers.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userKPjorpobgs Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this for your further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userHfL1zOTCI0
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the exact same pain. Started just in my wrist and the sensation travelled up my arm. I resorted to just not using it at all for a very long time.

But some girls just started a challenge on Samsung health app so I'm giving it another shot.

The only thing that makes this waerable wearing it in a wrist pouch and putting it on airplane mode. Whatever it's transmitting kills my arm if I wear it the normal way more than 30 mins.

At this point I just switch the wrist pouch to different hands. Throughout the day.

0 Likes
userOQFkjMh9cr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same and today is the second time within 4 months that I had to take off the watch. Finger tingling non stop. Unbearable. 

0 Likes