Original topic:

PAIN PAIN PAIN!!!

(Topic created: 08-31-2021 12:44 PM)
userjkeZ2DAHQI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi!

Last Christmas my husband purchased the last Samsung watch and it was fine for the first couple months.

April i got into a pool with it which was the first time i actually put it under water as i would always take it out. Days later i start feeling pain in my wrist but i thought i was trippin. 

one month later its getting worse and worse, in my finger through my elbow. One  day I really thought i was getting a heart attack.

Then i was like maybe its the watch! My husband called me crazy like " we would have known by now and they wouldn't sell it if it hurt people!

I went to see a doctor and He didn't find anything, Gave we a wrist support like that would help. 

Anyway I decided just to google hand pain Samsung watch and OH MY GOD! I just cant believe how many people felt the exact same pain as I did.

I just can't believe that such a huge brand as Samsung would actually keep selling those items that literally send electricity in your whole arm!

It is painful when I sleep, when i work, when i stay still, its getting out of hand. 

Obviously I stopped wearing it but the pain is still here.

I called Samsung and i pretty much got the " can you prove it is the watch cause unless you can prove it we can't do anything for you, I never heard of it". Lol excuse me, women just GOOGLE IT!!! 

I just wanted my husband to be reimburse for the amount of money he spent on something that gave me all that pain!!!

But before you asked, yes I changed my arm and it does the same thing and NO it isn't too tight. I know how to wear a watch and you could put a finger in between my skin and the watch.

So whatsupp Samsung?? Not feeling like taking responsibility for all those people in pain because of your product?

I have been a Samsung girl forever, trying to fight Apple but you guys let us down so bad this time, that 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello and thank you for reaching out, we certainly understand the concern of experiencing pain from wearing the watch. We would like to have our specialized team investigate this matter further with you. 

The quickest way to reach this team would be to call us directly at, 1-800-726-7864. Our support team will confirm your information and get you transferred over to them directly. Please have the following information ready as it will be requested. 

Name, Street address, Best Contact Number, email, Product Model & Serial numbers, and a photo of the affected area along with any medical documentation if medical attention was needed. 

If you don't wish to call in, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team at: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/?chat=auto 

And as always, if you have any additional questions, you can reach out to one of our moderators directly by clicking on a Mod's name and selecting the message option. Alternatively, you can click the following link:  http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 We'd be happy to help any way we can. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Sean8917
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Lol you've had it for 8 months. You are not getting your money back. Just sell it to someone else and get as much as you can.
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello and thank you for reaching out, we certainly understand the concern of experiencing pain from wearing the watch. We would like to have our specialized team investigate this matter further with you. 

The quickest way to reach this team would be to call us directly at, 1-800-726-7864. Our support team will confirm your information and get you transferred over to them directly. Please have the following information ready as it will be requested. 

Name, Street address, Best Contact Number, email, Product Model & Serial numbers, and a photo of the affected area along with any medical documentation if medical attention was needed. 

If you don't wish to call in, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team at: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/?chat=auto 

And as always, if you have any additional questions, you can reach out to one of our moderators directly by clicking on a Mod's name and selecting the message option. Alternatively, you can click the following link:  http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 We'd be happy to help any way we can. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would like to escalate this to our specialized team. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Name:
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
People have the exact same issues with Apple watches, so you may want to Google Apple Watch Hand Pain and Apple Watch Wrist Pain before making a move. Also Apple Watch arm and shoulder pain.

The most commonly suspected cause is due to compression of the nerves in the wrist from wearing the Watch to tightly where the sensor array presses into the wrist, but some have reported issues even when the Watch is worn loosely.

There are some other suspected causes as well. Apples support forums have threads with 100's of posts each about hand, wrist, arm Pain. I believe some folks have a sensitivity to it and a smart Watch may not be a good option for those who do.

But I think you will find little difference or relief between Samsung and Apple Watch if these types of devices are causing you pain or discomfort.
userjkeZ2DAHQI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh yeah no for sure no more watch for me. I am just super disappointed in Samsung. 

I know mine was never too tight like it will turn around my wrist.

I am just amazed at how many people have affected by it and they don't even care. The lady over the phone was super rude and said" unless you can prove it I have nothing to tell you!''.

Thank you for your respond!

Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Really it isn't just Samsung. Or Apple. I used Apple because you mentioned looking at those, but I have seem similar issues exists for watches like the Garmin Vivosport, Forerunner and Fenix. Fitbit has had complaints in their forums. Unfortunately, I think a certain amount of people are going to experience pain and discomfort wearing fitness watches.

You could try other brands and you may find one that works better for your own wrist. Every wrist is different and every brand fits different.

But be aware that it isn't a brand specific issue and you may find none work well for you.
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just don't use the watch lol
0 Likes
userjkeZ2DAHQI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Amazed by the time people have in their hand to leave irrelevant message. I'm Sorry for you.

Also I stopped wearing it 2 months ago and I still have pain, so there is that!

StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Seems pretty relevant to me but sry you feel that way