cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung gear fit 2 pro flickering sreen

My watch screen has been staying dark eventhough it still turn on, some time the screen flicker very bright white light with horizental bars . look on the samsung community and saw  that many people have the same problem. Having inspection with my watch, i found out that it seems all parts are operational except for just the screen, heart rate sensor still working, the watch still connect  bluetooth to my phone, the touch screen still working ( i can actually turn off the watch because i know where the turn off option will appear on the screen) but it is just that the screen is black and i can't see anything. I bought a Samsung Gear S2 back in 2016 and after only 3 months of using the screen had the same problem: only black screen( but without bright horizental bars light), heart rate still functional, watch still connect to my phone, touch screen is functional. I brought the Gear S2 to Samsung Service Center and a week later they called and told me that the water got in the watch and damage the screen. I thought it may be my fault since i usually take shower with it and the Gear S2 only has IP68 rating. From that case i suspect that water probably have gone into my Gear fit 2 Pro. But Samsung advertise that Gear fit 2 pro has 5ATM right? So it should be fine with taking shower, i don't swim with this watch since i'm mainly a cyclist and i can't swim. You guys from Samsung has any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung gear fit 2 pro flickering sreen

Hi @userOoq8X5MvB3 

thank you for trying to reach out to our community and im sorry on your experience but is there any physical damage on the unit . try resetting the setting or hard resetting the device if this still doesnt work . if you still under the year warranty i suggest trying to call 1800-SAMSUNG have them check or service your device 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, because the screen doesn't light up so i can't find factory reset in "setting". But i did press and hold the home button for 7 seconds to reset and the screen appear like in this pic for a bit and then didn't light up anymore, problem still unsolved. And yes the screen does has few light scratchs

Screenshot_20200324-023450.png

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey! thanks for reaching out, I recommend having the device evaluated by a Samsung authorized technician. Could you provide me with the model number and serial number for your device via private message?