JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gear s3 and water ?

(Topic created: 06-05-2020 06:13 AM)
userCTalpapTSo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I want to know if my gear s3 frontier is waterprof ... can i make shower or get into the sea with the watch?

78 Replies
Solution
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The Gear S3 is not waterproof. It is water resistant, and has an IP68 rating on it. Here's a great chart for what those rating numbers mean - http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

I believe the watch itself is up to 5m for a short period of time, so you may want to be careful. It also states normal liquid like water, but be aware that certain stuff can cause more damage or corrosion depending on what's inside the liquid.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

CC84
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

What about the Samsung Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier ?

Is it waterproof or do both models come with the same water resistant build ?

0 Likes
useru6Ce4ukvoT
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The Gear S3 is not waterproof, nor water-resistant. I used the device while exercising, took care to dry it off and wore it as my everyday timing device. Then, one day the screen went black. The device is 7 months old. I sent the watch in for repair assuming that Samsung would honor their product and was told that due to water damage my watch was not covered. The repair center quoted $215.00 for the repair. I was a loyal Samsung customer. No more. DO NOT GET THIS PRODUCT! I'm very disappointed in Samsung and I feel so ripped off! 

useru6Ce4ukvoT
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It is not water-resistant! Mere sweat from your body will cause the watch to get water damage and this will give Samsung the excuse to use the "water-damage, therefore warranty breached" argument to avoid replacing their defective product. I know because Samsung used this excuse with me when my S3 Gear was sent in for repairs after my screen went black after 7 months of wear. The product has major flaws and it is a waste of good money if you buy the Gear S3. Samsung will not stand behind their product. At least they did not with me. Steer clear from this device and research Apple products, instead! 

usercXcVX2KBbm
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You wouldn't be an Apple emloyee by any chance wold you?

uservhJfAdzawz
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You must have got a faulty unit.

My S3 has been under water hundreds of times. Swimming in chlorinated pools, in the beach, and showering everyday without taking it off. This is an almost 3 year old watch and I've never had an issue. I'm a brick maker and have had heavy bricks drop onto the watch, and all that happened was the rotating bezel was scratched. Buy an S3 if you can't spring for the Galaxy Watches, you won't regret it. Certainly MUCH better than the apple watches.

techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Agreed

userq50gMd9mLA
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I read several posts about the Samsung Gear S3 watch and have to say that's it's been reliable for me as water resistant. I'm a triathlete, so I swim in it a lot when I travel.....just wished that it tracked swiming laps! I also shower and workout in it, so to those who have had issues with it getting wet and not functioning, I'm surprised based on my experience, and I've had the watch for well over a year now.

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

The Gear S3 is not waterproof. It is water resistant, and has an IP68 rating on it. Here's a great chart for what those rating numbers mean - http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

I believe the watch itself is up to 5m for a short period of time, so you may want to be careful. It also states normal liquid like water, but be aware that certain stuff can cause more damage or corrosion depending on what's inside the liquid.

userq50gMd9mLA
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

For clarification I have the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier watch with the well functioning waterproof feature.....

@userq50gMd9mLA wrote:

I read several posts about the Samsung Gear S3 watch and have to say that's it's been reliable for me as water resistant. I'm a triathlete, so I swim in it a lot when I travel.....just wished that it tracked swiming laps! I also shower and workout in it, so to those who have had issues with it getting wet and not functioning, I'm surprised based on my experience, and I've had the watch for well over a year now.

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

0 Likes