JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gear s3 and water ?

(Topic created: 01-18-2018 07:39 PM)
userCTalpapTSo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I want to know if my gear s3 frontier is waterprof ... can i make shower or get into the sea with the watch?

78 Replies
userfDix1VsOoe
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you, not purchasing the Samsung watch now 🙂

Carlos_7538
Galaxy
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Good choice, I will never purchase another Samsung product either,  Samsung brand is poorly engineered expensive rubbish.

@userfDix1VsOoewrote:

Thank you, not purchasing the Samsung watch now 🙂

Guenther51
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Do you have insurance through your mobile phone company?

0 Likes
Traydoc
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problem with samsung.  I never got my watch wet but they said it had gotten wet.  They sent it back to me and said it was too expensive to repair.  We need to get a class action suit against samsung. they are using the water excuse to void the warrenty.  Now I have a watch that I took great care and was proud of to use as a paper weight.  

0 Likes
userMWkGd2i2Uc
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm in the midst of the exact same issue with my Gear S3 Frontier.  I think I've maybe taken it swimming once, washed it off once or twice, but I jog with it daily.  Sent it in for repair (I've had it for about 7 months) and got it back as unrepairable.  First off, I have to say the initial experience with getting my watch to Samsung was horrible - they made me send in my purchase receipt multiple times - finally after 2 weeks I had to call them to figure out what was going on, and they said to just send in the watch and include the receipt in the box.  While in repair, I never got any clear correspondence as to what was going on, but I was able to see the details in the ticket where it said "Unauthorized repair/Liquid damaged on PBA components".  I couldn't tell whether that meant they went ahead with the repair anyway, or that they wouldn't repair it.  Finally I received the watch back and found out they hadn't repaired it.  So I called to complain and now they're having me send it back a second time.  I asked what's going to happen when they reject it again, basically saying something needs to be done for a $300 watch that's under warranty that I didn't damage and looks to be a design defect - he said that someone would call me to discuss my "options" (which is probably code for "sorry, you're sol").

I have to say that this whole experience has really soured me on Samsung.  I have other devices that are Samsung and mostly work great - TV, soundbar, monitor, etc (don't buy a Samsung fridge, btw) .  But knowing this is how they treat what is obviously *they're* problem is just not right.  I might just switch to Fitbit if this doesn't work out.  The watch itself is mostly great (there are definitely some issues, which I won't go into here), but it's really not worth the money with this known issue alone.  Maybe they'll fix things with the G4.

If I make any progress with them, I'll post a follow up.

0 Likes
userMWkGd2i2Uc
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Quick update here - seems I am getting somewhere. I sent it in again only to have the same outcome - liquid damage, will not repair. So I called again. This time when I called, seeing that this was the 2nd time the watch was in, they transferred me to the Case Mgmt Dept. When I talked with them, a very matter of fact lady got on and told me that my service was coded as "BER", which is Beyond Economical Repair, and without me even prompting or complaining, she said that in order to move forward with a repair or replacement of the watch, they'd have to first remove the "BER" designation. And that she would move forward with this because the watch is water resistant. So it appears they are finally coming around to the fact that this is indeed Samsung's problem! So she escalated this to upper mgmt to have that BER designation removed, which will take about 5-7 business days, and then there will be further procedure to go through after that - sounds like it could take at least a few weeks to get this resolved. But this is certain promising! I confirmed with her before I hang up that the only 2 possible outcomes now are repair or replacement.

I will post more once I know.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userMWkGd2i2Uc; Thank you for letting us know. Please keep us posted on the results. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergKK3joIhWH
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Well I guess you can add me to the list.  My watch was never in water - but it was on my wrist as I ran about 500 feet to my car from the gate of the ballpark in the rain, stopped working and is being returned as unrepairable - water damage.  There's no way this is proper, and on top of it all AT&T won't cancel the monthly service for the watch as it was a package with a commitment. 

I don't know what else to say, Samsung.  I don't know how it is where you guys are from, but here if you don't stand behind your products with your customers you will soon not have any customers.  I'll also be very curious about whether anyone can talk sense into the Samsung Watch Support people. 

0 Likes
user24LQjcEbyR
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
file complaint with BB... they will have to respond to complaint
0 Likes
userdFUbZJrlDB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The same here.....my gear s3 stop working and send for repairs and they send back same day saying liquid damage...never been around water...not sport person....so they using excuses for damage products on batteries and boards

Terrible service even talking to managers....they were not like that before....they dont support their products

0 Likes