JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gear s3 and water ?

(Topic created: 10-11-2018 05:58 AM)
userCTalpapTSo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I want to know if my gear s3 frontier is waterprof ... can i make shower or get into the sea with the watch?

78 Replies
userZgDOhkCLEL
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Wow, Impressive! Thanks!!
0 Likes
user96z4w7Mg9S
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Giood morning thanks for sharing. I recently dropped my watch in a cup of juice, it was in there for at least 30 minutes. Once I took it out and waited for like 15 minutes it started to work. No problems since.

0 Likes
JoaoSchlemm
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for sharing, it works for me like a charm.

0 Likes
user0vo6Ga19Sj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I was also told that the watch was unrepairable due to water damage. I have never used it in a manner other than what the Samsung manual stated. When it went out, it rebooted several times, and then eventually turned completely black. I still have 8 months left on my warranty. I feel like I have been duped by Samsung. 

Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I have encountered the same issue/problem with GEAR S3. It took forever to reach a human to have me send in the watch. After all of that frustration, I was told there was liquid damage. It has never been submersed. There was sweat obviously, because I worked out with it. I am so livid that they did not honor the warranty. I thought the GEAR s3 was the best thing ever, but now I consider it a piece of Sh*t. I have lost my faith in Samsung USA mobile.
userI0wg5aVl8v
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I go running and lifting weights (so a lot of sweating) 2 to 3 times a week for the past 2 months.  I somtimes forget and shower with it on afterwards and never had a problem.

userDSxGvuGqTv
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I experienced the exact scenario exactly as you described and Samsung would not take responsibility.
This watch is for training, there was no warning regarding sweat!
I wish samsung would honor the warranty

Options
Gear and Gear Fit
thats why Fitbit got Samsung beat on the smart watch department... 1 email to Fitbit and they will be sending a new watch. . . no problem.
usertcsnelx3ow
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

samsung  no sirve para nada llevp dos meses con el reloj y apenas lo toco el agua se daño , samsung vende producctos con ip68 pero es una mentira el celular tambien se me daño por que el puerto de carga le entro agua. ahora he tomado la desicion de regresar a iPhone, no sirve gastar tanto en una compañia que vende mentiras 

0 Likes
useriY7OfkGyAf
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

There is a class action lawsuit for the Galaxy S7 and S8 series for the failure to be water resistant as advertised. 

0 Likes