JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gear s3 and water ?

(Topic created: 09-29-2019 01:42 PM)
userCTalpapTSo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I want to know if my gear s3 frontier is waterprof ... can i make shower or get into the sea with the watch?

78 Replies
userZ2s16gAe7l
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So Samsung Moderator....of all those complaints you choose the last one to be specificly interested in? You need to get everyone's informatoin...BTW I'm only here to read people's issue....

So I have no special interest....make it right Samsung! 

0 Likes
userxPaWtYP47l
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Add me to the list of unsatisfied customers. No more Samsung for me.

I never went swimming with it, only mild showers/hand washing.

"We regret that we were unable to complete the repair of our Samsung product. After performing a thorough examination of your device, it has been found to be un-repairable, due to liquid damage"

1)

"Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes."

Reference https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/ip68/

2)

"The Gear S3 has an IP68 rating, which means it is dust-tight and protected against immersion in up to 1.5m of fresh water for 30 minutes"

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/gear-s3-standalone-freedom-ip68-water-resistan...

0 Likes
userZAMjGakoOO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I swim with my watch all the time.  I don't shower because of the soap, but I have never had an issue with my watch after swimming.

user0bFR9Fg5tY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Because the watch is waterprood and ip 68 its for swimming,sea,shower,soap 

FOR ALL DO YOU WANT

0 Likes
userYqb5Md9Ji9
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just got done wearing my gear S3 Frontier at the muddy Vegas Spartan Sprint a couple weekends ago an it still works just fine.

0 Likes
usergt0DjB8Ecf
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes its is

0 Likes
user0bFR9Fg5tY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The gear s3 frontier is waterproof is rated ip 68 and waterproof its for swimming,sea,shower...

FOR ALL

0 Likes
usernFP6xmQK6o
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I take mine in the water all the timeI take mine in the water all the time

Sure, if you vacuum seal it first haha

0 Likes
usergEJKC6gumD
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

got the newest Samsung watch, and it died after 2 months. sent in, water damage, on a watch advertised to use for swimming. What a joke. This is a defect on the seals. So I need to spend 200 on a 400 dollar item that will now not be under warranty. 

0 Likes