cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung gear s3 and water ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Call Consumer Protection Agency in your state and file a complaint! I just did! This is the only way to hold Samsung accountable for their products.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Call Consumer Protection Agency in your state and file a complaint! I just did! This is the only way to hold Samsung accountable for their products.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got off the phone with samsung I had sent my watch in for the third time in 6 months. this time they told me the watch had water damage and there is nothing they are going to do except send the broken usless watch back to me. so I suppose samsung is to big of a company to care about a few people who get a lemon. All they have to do is replace the bad ones. Very bad customer service poicy samsung. Well it is time to move on over to the dark side and replace all my samsung products with apple. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I purchased a Samsung G3 Frontier smart watch this past January. I have never had this watch submersed in water. A couple weeks ago I was wearing this watch while I was exercising and I looked down to check my heart rate and noticed that the watch was not displaying my heart rate so I started moving my watch around and noticed something under the watch. I took the watch off and it turns out that the back of the watch had come loose. So I contacted Samsung about a repair and they had me send them a picture and then send the watch in for repair. Well yesterday I get an email stating my watch is out of warranty and I would have to pay $203.55 to have it repaired because it had water damage. What? Oh heck no, that is almost as much as I paid for the watch. Now this was a floor model that I purchased from Best Buy. AS I said I never had this watch in water and this is supposed to be water resistant up to 5 feet. I talked with 3 different people today and one yesterday and the best they could do was offer 30% off the repair. What? Heck no. I did not do anything to this watch to cause this. Was the water damage due to the back coming off and sweat getting in it? I don't know. I understand water damage policy, but I have worn a Fitbit for a year and have never had water damage. This appears to be a poor design that would allow the back of this water to come off. I am very frustrated that Samsung will not do anything to make to this. They are telling me that I am a liar, that I caused the water damage in some way. Wrong. Maybe it's time I stop buying Samsung phones and other products and either switch to Apple or another Android product that has a better design. We have purchased many Samsung phones, tablets, and tv's but it looks like they will be losing a loyal customer after this experience. I will be sure to post bad reviews of the product and their actions every place I can and tell everyone I can.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got off the phone with them and I was told the same BS! My watch has NEVER been anywhere near water (learned my lesson with my last one). They claim there is water damage to the PBA? I explained that it has never been wet but all I got was "Sorry, anything else I can do for you today?"

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, not purchasing the Samsung watch now Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good choice, I will never purchase another Samsung product either,  Samsung brand is poorly engineered expensive rubbish.

@userfDix1VsOoewrote:

Thank you, not purchasing the Samsung watch now Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have insurance through your mobile phone company?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with samsung.  I never got my watch wet but they said it had gotten wet.  They sent it back to me and said it was too expensive to repair.  We need to get a class action suit against samsung. they are using the water excuse to void the warrenty.  Now I have a watch that I took great care and was proud of to use as a paper weight.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the midst of the exact same issue with my Gear S3 Frontier.  I think I've maybe taken it swimming once, washed it off once or twice, but I jog with it daily.  Sent it in for repair (I've had it for about 7 months) and got it back as unrepairable.  First off, I have to say the initial experience with getting my watch to Samsung was horrible - they made me send in my purchase receipt multiple times - finally after 2 weeks I had to call them to figure out what was going on, and they said to just send in the watch and include the receipt in the box.  While in repair, I never got any clear correspondence as to what was going on, but I was able to see the details in the ticket where it said "Unauthorized repair/Liquid damaged on PBA components".  I couldn't tell whether that meant they went ahead with the repair anyway, or that they wouldn't repair it.  Finally I received the watch back and found out they hadn't repaired it.  So I called to complain and now they're having me send it back a second time.  I asked what's going to happen when they reject it again, basically saying something needs to be done for a $300 watch that's under warranty that I didn't damage and looks to be a design defect - he said that someone would call me to discuss my "options" (which is probably code for "sorry, you're sol").

I have to say that this whole experience has really soured me on Samsung.  I have other devices that are Samsung and mostly work great - TV, soundbar, monitor, etc (don't buy a Samsung fridge, btw) .  But knowing this is how they treat what is obviously *they're* problem is just not right.  I might just switch to Fitbit if this doesn't work out.  The watch itself is mostly great (there are definitely some issues, which I won't go into here), but it's really not worth the money with this known issue alone.  Maybe they'll fix things with the G4.

If I make any progress with them, I'll post a follow up.