cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDSxGvuGqTv
Astronaut

Re: Samsung gear s3 and water ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I experienced the exact scenario exactly as you described and Samsung would not take responsibility.
This watch is for training, there was no warning regarding sweat!
I wish samsung would honor the warranty

JUMP TO SOLUTION
thats why Fitbit got Samsung beat on the smart watch department... 1 email to Fitbit and they will be sending a new watch. . . no problem.
usertcsnelx3ow
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

samsung  no sirve para nada llevp dos meses con el reloj y apenas lo toco el agua se daño , samsung vende producctos con ip68 pero es una mentira el celular tambien se me daño por que el puerto de carga le entro agua. ahora he tomado la desicion de regresar a iPhone, no sirve gastar tanto en una compañia que vende mentiras 

useriY7OfkGyAf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a class action lawsuit for the Galaxy S7 and S8 series for the failure to be water resistant as advertised. 

userCQr6VgnO7g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me, denied for liquid damage.  The watch has never seen water.  I was a very loyal Samsung customer but they can eat it!  Will be moving on to the pixel for my new phone (was waiting for the Note 9) and obvisously a different watch manufacturer.

By the way my Note 8 crapped out within the first 45 days, so my brand new phone got replaced with a refurbished phone.  Their quality control is terrible.

Scott

userXiljluxeDL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. My S3 Frontier only lasted a year, while only seeing water a few seconds a week to wipe it down, as well as sweat. According to Samsung (and this was after sending in the watch twice, talking to 10 different people over 4 different phone calls, and then finally getting a supervisor), "about one year" in a "moist environment" is within tolerance. This means that the S3 is basically a very expensive disposable smart watch.

I've been a Samsung customer for years, so this is extremely disappointing. I'll be looking into a new phone and TV other than a Samsung later this year, and I will encourage everyone to do the same.

userMPXquSDpV8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Spot on.. That's why I wear Fitbit for workout and S3 for normal wearing 

userd7N7bt2VAN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They  did the same with me, HOWEVER they gave me another watch with a damaged strap and there isn`t a strap replacement. I hate fitbit!

usermLdWUrzchX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Call Consumer Protection Agency in your state and file a complaint! I just did! This is the only way to hold Samsung accountable for their products.
usermLdWUrzchX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Call Consumer Protection Agency in your state and file a complaint! I just did! This is the only way to hold Samsung accountable for their products.