Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRealIronSheep
Constellation

Re: Samsung gear s3 and water ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the exact same boat, too. 
My watch has never seen water, aside from a couple rain drops onto the watch face (which I quickly wiped off).

I had a crack on my rear panel assembly (which I didn't even cause, because it was never dropped), but my watch was working fine besides that.

One day, it went from 60% to completely dead. It wouldn't charge past 1%, nor would it hold a charge. It'd turn on to the splash screen, then die.

I sent it in for what they call: "POWER POWER WILL NOT POWER UP," and it seemed like they were going to repair it (it's only 5 months old with minimal use).

1 minute after I got the email saying they were going to work on it, I get another one charging me for $248.92.
Std. Repair Fee was $64.95, LCD Repair Fee was $165.00, and PBA Repair Fee was $0.00. Taxes were $18.97.

When I sent them an email asking them why I owe said amount, they told me I owe the up to $250 because my watch had water damage and as a result, wasn't covered under warranty.
They also told me LCD and PBA were replaced (though PBA isn't listed as something that was repaired).

"I have verified the service ticket (#). We see that there is water damage detected on the watch. 

Samsung provides 12 months of warranty to its Gears from the date of purchase. Physical, liquid and cosmetic damages are not covered under Samsung warranty. 

I see the watch is under warranty, but the repair costs you up to $250 as watch is out of warranty by condition and also we see that the PBA (Print Board assembly) and LCD(Liquid Crystal Assemble) has to be replaced in your watch. "

I've since emailed them, telling them it's never been under water, and I never authorized further repairs (since I sent it in under warranty and wasn't expecting to be charged ~$250), nor were they even brought to my attention until after they were fixed... Unless it hasn't been fixed... To be honest, it's unclear whether it was or not, but I refuse to pay.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TRealIronSheepI am sorry to hear that. I would be happy to look into the issue further for you. Could you respond in a private message to http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 with the following information? 

First/Last Name 

Phone Number

Email Address

Physical Address

Place of Purchase

Serial #

Model #

IMEI#

userZ2s16gAe7l
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Samsung Moderator....of all those complaints you choose the last one to be specificly interested in? You need to get everyone's informatoin...BTW I'm only here to read people's issue....

So I have no special interest....make it right Samsung! 

userxPaWtYP47l
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list of unsatisfied customers. No more Samsung for me.

I never went swimming with it, only mild showers/hand washing.

"We regret that we were unable to complete the repair of our Samsung product. After performing a thorough examination of your device, it has been found to be un-repairable, due to liquid damage"

1)

"Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes."

Reference https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/ip68/

2)

"The Gear S3 has an IP68 rating, which means it is dust-tight and protected against immersion in up to 1.5m of fresh water for 30 minutes"

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/gear-s3-standalone-freedom-ip68-water-resistan...

userZAMjGakoOO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I swim with my watch all the time.  I don't shower because of the soap, but I have never had an issue with my watch after swimming.

user0bFR9Fg5tY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Because the watch is waterprood and ip 68 its for swimming,sea,shower,soap 

FOR ALL DO YOU WANT

userYqb5Md9Ji9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got done wearing my gear S3 Frontier at the muddy Vegas Spartan Sprint a couple weekends ago an it still works just fine.

usergt0DjB8Ecf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes its is

user0bFR9Fg5tY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The gear s3 frontier is waterproof is rated ip 68 and waterproof its for swimming,sea,shower...

FOR ALL

usernFP6xmQK6o
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20190929_134716.jpgI take mine in the water all the time

Sure, if you vacuum seal it first haha