cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung pay won't verify cards

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Locity Can I get the model of the watch? What errors are you receiving?

userSyFwVK2OB7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I'm having the same problem

I verified my Scotia Visa just fine using Samsung Pay on my S9. No issues. I selected verify through online banking and was promopted to login to my banking app where I logged in and verified the card. I have no issues with Samsung Pay on S9.

When I got my Galaxy Watch I was surprised that the watch made me setup the device as if I hadn't had Samsung Pay on the phone already. I followed all of the typical instructions in this post. The watch version of Samsung Pay prompted for the typically permissions and it automatically loaded the watch plugin for Samsung Pay onto my phone. This time when I verified the card it prompted me to login to my bank but when  I did, I wasn't given the option to verify the card.

I've deleted the the plugin, reset the app. deleted the samsung pay from my phone and reinstalled etc. I don't understand why I need to add the same card to each device.

Questions:

1) Why doesn't the galaxy watch allow me to verify the same card that already works on the phone version of Samsung Pay.

2) Why is it that there are two versions of Samsung Pay and neither can transfers info over to the other?

Before I get the usual adivice.

I don't have an option to completely delete samsung pay on the Galaxy Watch. I can reset it. I can delete the plugin from the phone. But I can't delete it completely from the watch.

I've reset my watch and phone. No matter what I do the result is the same. Samsung Pay works on the phone and I

can't verify the card on the watch.

My bank says I've already verified the card and is not seeing prompts to reverify it for the watch.

Help.....this has really impacted my view on the the Galaxy Watch which I otherwise think is fantastic. The bank blames Samsung Pay, Samsung Pay blames the bank, Samsung says it's Samsung pay.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to Samsung Pay. They can be reached at 1-844-726-7297

pvdiamon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm finding I can rarely use Samsung Pay. It won't work at the Harris Teeter, only sometimes at WalMart, and somtimes at Publix. Never at Lowe's hardware. I can get it to work at Lidl.  I think the problem is merchants aren't updating their terminals to work well with this app.  But even with a store like Publix, just a year old, and that terminal is not reliable at all for the app.  And since it works at Lidl, I know it is setup properly.