Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Next Level
Asteroid

Re: Samsung pay won't verify cards

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe this is the same issue I am having, and posted about it here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-S3-Fronteir-and-Samsung-Pay-quot-Gear-not-res...

Although I am also using SamsungPay on my phone and it works fine there.

I was told that my bank might be the culprit, blocking the verification of the card from the watch, so I called my bank, and told them what was happening and they assured me that there was nothing on their end... that they were not even seeing any requests to verify the card!

So to me, this looks like a software issue with the latest update on the watch.

I doubt that will be admitted though... Smiley Sad

The message of "Gear not responding" is kind of a give-away though -- the software is not communicating properly

user3n2DLhcE0W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This option isn't available for me either.  I can't uninstall a pre installed app.  Does ANYONE has ANY other suggestions, clues, ANYTHING to try to solve this issue?

useresPM51cuJ4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This fixed it for me:

- Reset the watch (Settings->General Management->Reset Gear).

- Re-pair it via the Samsung Gear app on your phone, go through the tutorial on your watch again.

- Open Samsung Pay in the Samsung Gear phone app, it installs it to your watch.

- Once install is done, open Samsung Pay again via Gear phone app. It asks you if you want to update (for Oreo compatibility), but click LATER instead and ignore this.

- It'll ask you to set a pin on your watch, do this.

- Then it goes through the add card process. The verification took a while (~30 secs), but then it got to the next screen, which is agreeing to the terms & conditions. After that it contacts the card issuer to verify your details and you're done.

userrXO7PfuLvZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me!  Just for grins I also uninstalled Gear.  During the watch tutorial it asked me to install it which I did.  Everything else went exactly as you described.

Thanks you!!!

Not sure why it didn't appear under or part of the solution that worked but here it is:

useresPM51cuJ4
Astronaut

This fixed it for me:

- Reset the watch (Settings->General Management->Reset Gear).

- Re-pair it via the Samsung Gear app on your phone, go through the tutorial on your watch again.

- Open Samsung Pay in the Samsung Gear phone app, it installs it to your watch.

- Once install is done, open Samsung Pay again via Gear phone app. It asks you if you want to update (for Oreo compatibility), but click LATER instead and ignore this.

- It'll ask you to set a pin on your watch, do this.

- Then it goes through the add card process. The verification took a while (~30 secs), but then it got to the next screen, which is agreeing to the terms & conditions. After that it contacts the card issuer to verify your details and you're done.

userhPiXE2LgFG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, this worked for me!!

userhPiXE2LgFG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you so much, this worked me and now my cards are added and my Pay is up and running on my S3 frontier.
pvdiamon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Gear Sport.  Samsung Pay works at Lidl, and Lowe's foods.  That's it around me. It will not work at Harris Teeter, Lowe's hardware, Food Lion, or Publix.  It seems to me this platform is just not accepted by many places yet.  

pvdiamon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can add that I used to use it on my phone, and had the same issue.  On a Galaxy S8, it worked at a couple merchants.  The Publix store by the way is brand new, and it still won't work at their terminals.  Lidl is new and it works great. Go figure.  

Initially on the Sport, I wasn't sure it worked at all and I went through that deleting process and set it up again.  That got it working on these few merchants. So, to me, it just seems not yet ready for prime time.

userqtxK7H5TwG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  Very aggrivating

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Samsung Pay app working with your Gear Watch. Please take a look at the link below for troubleshooting advice and let us know how it works out.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=1000723&modelname=SM...