cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMGI2qKuWsQ
Asteroid

Sever lag and battery drain after 4.0 update gear S3 please help.

Hello there, I've had my gear S3 classic for about 10 months now and for the most part it's been running well, lately i've updated my watch to tizen 4.0.0.2 and the gear apps also got an update on my oneplus 5t. and after the update everything went down. the battery life of my gear s3 went down so much it drains from full to 0 in a matter of hours. its performance also went down and it lags even on basic scrolling, and my phone keeps showing me " samsung gear accessory transfering file please wait" message even though nothing is being transfered. I tried factory resetting the watch, uninstalling all gear related apps, clearing cache and storage. NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK, that was has basically become useless !!.

Please help me find a solution.

12 REPLIES 12
userMGI2qKuWsQ
Asteroid

Re: Sever lag and battery drain after 4.0 update gear S3 please help.

please, any solutions ??

userXQOg1i1MzI
Constellation

Same here, had it 100% charged left it for 6 hours in flight mode battery down to 33%..

userMGI2qKuWsQ
Asteroid

ive been looking online for a solution but i didnt find anything so far.

tmcgow1
Constellation

My watch in now unusable after update.  Power drained to 3% in 5 hours.   

Samsung please fix immediately or give us a rollback option.  

jporter75
Asteroid

Same issue for me. Ever since the 4.0 update, i can't get more than 3-4 hours from the battery. Turned off almost all the setting that would drain it (kept bluetooth on for notifications), but still drains way faster than before update.

userO8Z5dMVacU
Asteroid

I'm having the same problem.  

userdRFqpBVLjA
Asteroid

When I called Samsung support they told me to send the watch in and they would repair it at my cost. If anyone else is running into the same problem possibly a class action lawsuit would be the answer if anyone is interested please let me know. Roughly 30 people are needed to get started. 

jporter75
Asteroid

I called a week or so ago and told them how recent update had ruined the battery life. They said there would be a fee, but when i explained it was software update that broke it, why should i pay? They agreed to look at it and did not promise it would be free, but would examine for the main issue. I mailed it in with UPS label they gave me (so free shipping) and a few days later I get an email that it would be ~$75 to repair. I called and mentioned the software update causing the problem and they agree to fix it free. So clearly this must be happening to a good number of us. Now, we'll see if i get back a working watch, but glad that they at least agreed to try and fix for free. 

userga2Zmnu4Ts
Constellation

Any updates about solution for that issue.