JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sport sensor cover fell off

(Topic created: 06-16-2019 01:34 PM)
useruBdgpljbW7
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, my wife's gear sport sensor cover fell off. What can be done? Seems like a pretty weak link. 

I did not see any replies to the other posts.

Thanks

18 Replies
usercC5NgUK3VY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine did the same thing, sensor plate fell off

0 Likes
userISJ04tDWEB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear 2 for 6 months and this has already happened to me. As others have said, it is ridiculous for a "waterproof" watch to be put together this way. Has anyone had a satisfactory response from Samsung after giving serial numbers?

0 Likes
Lili_92
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine is doing the exact same thing and it's a month out of warranty (started doing this on May 30th).

0 Likes
Geniegc
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the exact same issue. I brought the watch into a Samsung store and they said they have several people bring their watches in with this exact same issues.  Since my watch is now past the warranty coverage I cant get it fixed for free.  They quoted me approximatelt $100 to put on a new plate but if there is any kind of moisture that got in, it is not fixable.  I have contacted the support on Samsung and they said, "I’m sorry to hear that the protecting plate on the watch fell off. However, there are no such reported issues or recall with this model." Which is ridiculous because there have been several posts about sensor covers falling off on gear sport model and the galaxy model watches ( https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Watch-Sensor-Cover-Fell-Off/td-p/649307/page... )

This is definitely a design flaw as the new active watches have redesigned the watch to not have a sensor plate held down by adhesives which I think isridiculous for a "waterproof" watch.  Adhesives wear down after time so why would they choose to use this to encase a waterproof "sport" watch that should last through the harshest of conditions.

I would be okay with Samsung even sending me a replacement sensor plate so I can at least crazy glue it to the back of my watch so the heart rate sensor can work but they refused.  I now just taped up the back so I can wear it without the sensor adhesive touching my skin.

Very disappointed in this product.  I have many Samsung products that are great but the fact that Samsung wont take responsibility for their design flaw is very upsetting.   Would not be buying anymore Samsung products in the future. Their support is terrible. 

userahubyhxaiW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same thing happened with my watch.  I completely agree with 

@Geniegc wrote:

I have the exact same issue. I brought the watch into a Samsung store and they said they have several people bring their watches in with this exact same issues.  Since my watch is now past the warranty coverage I cant get it fixed for free.  They quoted me approximatelt $100 to put on a new plate but if there is any kind of moisture that got in, it is not fixable.  I have contacted the support on Samsung and they said, "I’m sorry to hear that the protecting plate on the watch fell off. However, there are no such reported issues or recall with this model." Which is ridiculous because there have been several posts about sensor covers falling off on gear sport model and the galaxy model watches ( https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Watch-Sensor-Cover-Fell-Off/td-p/649307/page... )

This is definitely a design flaw as the new active watches have redesigned the watch to not have a sensor plate held down by adhesives which I think isridiculous for a "waterproof" watch.  Adhesives wear down after time so why would they choose to use this to encase a waterproof "sport" watch that should last through the harshest of conditions.

I would be okay with Samsung even sending me a replacement sensor plate so I can at least crazy glue it to the back of my watch so the heart rate sensor can work but they refused.  I now just taped up the back so I can wear it without the sensor adhesive touching my skin.

Very disappointed in this product.  I have many Samsung products that are great but the fact that Samsung wont take responsibility for their design flaw is very upsetting.   Would not be buying anymore Samsung products in the future. Their support is terrible. 

userH9Sd6wiBeG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I agree COMPLETELY!  It is ABSOLUTELY a design flaw.  I get that this happens, and also that my watch is no longer waterproof.  If they would just send me the replacement part I would put it on myself and my watch would probably last another couple years.

The real problem is that I have never spent this much money on a watch before, and to have it break in this way so soon is a shame.  I thought well, I would just get another watch but I can't really commit to a samsung watch at this time.  So, right now I am stuck and continuing to wear my broken watch and making sure I don't get it wet even though it is a sport watch and is meant for that.

If anyone has any great ideas for NON-Samsung watches I should look into please reply. I am in the market.

0 Likes
userm3iRWnVdtH
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue for me!

0 Likes
jaymaj13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue with an Active 2.  Owed for 30 days and the back fell off.  Glue all over my arm.

0 Likes
useruUUrbpoziM
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just had the same thing happen.  This is clearly a design flaw.

Of course, my watch is slightly over 1 year old.

0 Likes