cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meandme
Constellation

Step counting on GEAR FIT 2

the step count done by the gear fit 2 is wrong by a lot: the correct step count is the one shown in the second image

136 REPLIES 136
Black Hole

Re: Step counting on GEAR FIT 2

Hi, Meandme. Thank you for your active participation in our Samsung Community. We are glad to see that you are reaching out to the community. We would recommend including as much detail about your initial question in your first post. I know you did include some images and we do understand that sometimes these are not presented right away or at all. We do advise including all information you feel is important in typed format as well as in picture format for easier reference for community members. This will allow community members to better respond to your question and inquiry. Also if you include information about the phone or device that you have your gear fit 2 paired to may also be of some help in providing you with better answers or suggestions. 

Meandme
Constellation

You must be kidding me, that at Samsung they can't figure out any analgorith to recognize movements that are likely associated with walking: any moment is recorded as a step, as you can see in the video posted on you tube

https://youtu.be/KvD_cXoLXsE

My gear fit 2 is paired with a Samsung note 4

Jasont
Constellation

My step count is pretty good, but it periodically just stops counting throughout the day.  I have ever to turn off and back on.  Really needs to be fixed

KyleK29
Cosmic Ray

Wow, that's serious over. I would suggest doing a factory reset on the band and retrying. If not, exchange it.

My Fit2 has been decently accurate and did correspond with my Band2 during my testing.

It also doesn't appear to be thrown off by power tools, like the Fitbit's I've used.

userKecikIXaZH
Asteroid

Ditto.  Is there a fix to this? 

Highlighted
Supernova

Hey, thanks everyone for reaching out. We are always working to ensure that our devices work better. We will be happy to let you know when there is a fix being issued for this concern.

In the meantime, would everyone mind providing the following information about your device?

* Model Number

* Software Version

* If you have a carrier

You can find this information in Settings > Gear Info.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useri3BQ5PdL9Z
Constellation

Model Number SM-R360

Software Version R360XXU1DQJ3

Sprint is the Carrier

Supernova

Thanks so much for providing that information, everyone!

I am going to forward this information on to make sure this is looked at, thanks so much for all of your cooperation. 😄

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usero4lxwOV7bu
Constellation

Any updates on this? My husband and I both got gear sport watches and we have inconsistent data. According to my watch I've gone up two flights of stairs since I got it 3 weeks ago. Clearly that's wrong how would I get around my house not going up and down the flight of stairs. Please help!