JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sync Music Playlist Gear S3 Watch

(Topic created: 04-01-2018 09:17 AM)
VinceATX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I recently had my Gear S3 replaced, but it doesn't seem to function in the same way for music downloads from my phone. I see all of the music, Artists, Albums and Most Recent, but it doesn't provide a menu for my playlist. I originally used a Samsung 6+ Edge, but now I'm on the Motorola Z2 Force. Everything else seems to work as expected. I have reset the watch several and I deleted the Gear App and reinstalled. Any suggestions?

11 Replies
JimB61
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The option to transfer playlists has been removed. I just spoke briefly to the Samsung tech. This is surprising for one of the most basic and critical functions of the watch for anyone looking for a fitness tracker with music capability. Shocking. 

VinceATX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the information. At least now I know I'm  not going crazy. That's insane that they would remove one of, if not the most, basic features for a music playback system. I waiting a long time for this to become available on Verizon and I would have never made this purchase if I knew this was going to be removed. 

0 Likes
userxNNwInRmXO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Shame... This is such a basic thing as you say. This limits completely the usability of the watch's music player... 

0 Likes
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I am happy to find this post, I was going crazy trying to find out why the songs but not my playlists would transfer. it's unfathomable to me that they would remove this. My work around has been to mark songs as favorites to create quasi playlists. This is horrible for workouts Samsung please fix it!
0 Likes
usercidN9Kzida
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Not sure if you've all found a solution but I connect my phone to my PC.  Select the songs I want to group and right-click.  There is an option to create playlist.  After that I go to the Gear app on the phone and transfer the playlist to my Gear S3.  Hopefully this still works if you create playlists on your phone.

0 Likes
Solution
VinceATX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had a follow up with a Samsung support chat. They said that the "playlist" option is not compatible with my phone. I have a Moto Z2 Force. I tested this by pairing it with an old Samsung phone and it worked. However, when I pair it with my current Moto phone, I cannot import playlist from my phone. That's very annoying and making it less likely that I will buy any Samsung devices in the future. 

0 Likes
user3KtR8ERhr4
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found a solution to mine that's similar to yours.  Hopefully it helps.  I'm switching from the Samsung Note 5 to the Note 9 and using the Samsung Gear 3 Frontier Watch.  I used to manage the apps on the watch using the Samsung Gear App (Open the Samsung Apps folder on your phone and select Samsung Gear).  Now the Samsung Note 9 calls it the Galaxy Wearable App (Open the Samsung Apps folder and select Galaxy Wearable ).  I now have several music players on my Note 9 (Google Play Music, Apple Music, Samsung Music, Music Hub).  First I had to find the music player on my phone that the Galaxy Wearable app uses.  For the Note 9, it uses the Samsung Music App.  I want to use my watch at the gym, so I created a new playlist for the gym using the Samsung Music App (Select Samsung Music App, Tracks, Press and hold a song, select all the songs you want for your playlist, look at the bottom of the phone's display, Select the "Add" button next to the "Play" botton, create playlist and name it).  Now that I created a playlist, I could only get my new gym playlist on my watch by deleting existing music on my watch.  To delete the existing music, I had to factory reset my watch (settings, gear info, reset gear).  Now open the Samsung Apps folder and select Galaxy Wearable, pair/connect your phone to your watch and set-up watch, within the Galaxy Wearable app home screen -> scroll about half way down and select "Add content to your watch", select Playlist to sync (gym), turn on Auto sync, place the watch and phone on the charger to sync.  Place your finger at the top of your phone's display and swipe down to see the playlist being transfered to the watch.  Enjoy your playlist on your watch now.  Hopefully you found this information and the pathways helpful.  If not, oh well, I tried.  Take care.  

userUVlTJlWBTr
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

That's pretty ridiculous. What a stupid com[any to allow transferring songs to their watch but then not to be able to create playlists! Pathetic.

0 Likes
VinceATX
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just found that using the Samsung Music app with my S20 phone works with syncing playlist to my Gear S3 watch. 

0 Likes