JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sync Samsung health with Noom

(Topic created: 04-02-2020 03:55 AM)
userAWy4mJBAZ6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Samsung needs to update and allow permissions to sync all info with apps like noom and googlefit.

My samsung gearfitpro2 watch can sync with Samsung health, but only weight data will sync with noom. This is frustrating because it should be able to sync all food, steps, heart rate data as well.

Please FIX this issue fast.

userMc6d9sCK1K
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Apparently there is a workaround for this which is to download the "Health Sync" app. 

Noom sync's with Google Fit but not Samsung Health - which is where the watch data goes. If you download Health Sync you can sync your Samsung Health account to Google Fit, which should in theory then sync to Noom. 

I have just downloaded but as I had to change my settings in Google Fit to stop it tracking my activities, the Health Sync app says it won't work until tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Pretty rubbish that Samsung aren't able to directly sync with Noom without an intermediary app. Also rubbish that they couldn't suggest this workaround on this thread themselves. 

mominutah
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This worked for me! I downloaded and setup two additional apps from the Play Store: Healthy Sync and Google Fit onto my Samsung 10 phone. In Noom > Settings > Apps & Devices > I chose to "Share data with other apps through Google Fit". In my Noom "Choose steps data source" I selected "HealthSync - step count".

In the Google Fit app I went to Profile > Settings > and turned off track your activities. I was prompted to do this by Health Sync as part of the setup, but thought I'd confirm here. 

My steps came over immeidately after I synced (I did not have to wait over night like @userMc6d9sCK1K

above).

userCUVwKVNldF
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@mominutah THANK YOU! This worked for me as well

mryblnchrd
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
yes, the workaround works BUT Samsung Health tracks my NOOM daily progress but not steps...this is ridiculous!
0 Likes
Emery_Gonzales
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just want to give a huge shout out to Samsung. Samsung is very good.

Solution
userwH8FJNGGq2
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Heres how to do it:

1)  Download Health Sync in the app store.

2)  Download Google Fit in the app store.

3)  Register for Google Fit

3)  Open Health Sync and sync Samsung Health to share with Google health.  Allow steps to sync and what ever youd like to share.  Go to the menu for settings and allow permissions.

4)  Open noom and go to app an open settings.

5)  Go to apps and devices.  Select Google Fit.

6)  Go to steps data source in apps and devices and select HealthSync - Step count

Done.  You can set the frequence the Health Sync share with Google Fit.  I set mine to every 10 minutes.

userVOXdSCIjBC
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Is there a fix you don't have to pay for?

usergcWoKkiuQL
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Not that I haven't given into the fact that the world will have all my data whether I like it or not, this "solution" requires giving 4 different companies all my personal health information. And it does require payment. I'm already paying for Noom and I paid a good penny for my Active Watch. Samsung, get yourself together and get a direct link for Noom. I have all samsung products so having to switch to a fitbit is not ideal. I really don't see why you can't write a simple copy code to give them minimal raw numerical data to protect whatever you're trying to hide. I just need to give them my steps. And you can make some sketchy back door to get all my food intake information I log into Noom for all I care. Just fix this. 

user3fx5Z6NZYX
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@usergcWoKkiuQL wrote:

Samsung, get yourself together and get a direct link for Noom. 

This isn't really up to Samsung to connect to Noom. Noom needs to integrate to Samsung Health. The challenge is really that Samsung doesn't offer cloud connected services anymore. They discontinued that sometime in 2018 I believe. So the local app would have to read the step count from the device directly (just like Health Sync does), but that probably something Noom just hasn't bothered with. I mean they haven't bothered with a real recipe builder, so I'm sure this isn't high on their list. 

user3fx5Z6NZYX
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userwH8FJNGGq2 @This is great answer and health sync is a great app, but this doesn't work for Noom. Noom forces Google fit to enable tracking which means both Google fit and samsung health will record their own step count, and the step count will be completely inaccurate.  Speaking with noom about this, they do t see a problem since the majority of users would want gfit to track steps.  A workaround would be to have samsung link to gfit and gfit link to some other service, the that other service link to noom, but so far the ones I'm tried only let you sync TO Gfit, not from it.  The better solution would be for Noom to add support for Samsung Health.