JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sync Samsung health with Noom

(Topic created: 08-14-2019 01:36 PM)
userAWy4mJBAZ6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Samsung needs to update and allow permissions to sync all info with apps like noom and googlefit.

My samsung gearfitpro2 watch can sync with Samsung health, but only weight data will sync with noom. This is frustrating because it should be able to sync all food, steps, heart rate data as well.

Please FIX this issue fast.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userwH8FJNGGq2
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Heres how to do it:

1)  Download Health Sync in the app store.

2)  Download Google Fit in the app store.

3)  Register for Google Fit

3)  Open Health Sync and sync Samsung Health to share with Google health.  Allow steps to sync and what ever youd like to share.  Go to the menu for settings and allow permissions.

4)  Open noom and go to app an open settings.

5)  Go to apps and devices.  Select Google Fit.

6)  Go to steps data source in apps and devices and select HealthSync - Step count

Done.  You can set the frequence the Health Sync share with Google Fit.  I set mine to every 10 minutes.

View solution in context

24 Replies
user8GNCjEVifa
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Totally agree with the above! I have the same issue with the Active 2. May need to go back to my Fitbit watch! 😞

@userAWy4mJBAZ6 wrote:

Samsung needs to update and allow permissions to sync all info with apps like noom and googlefit.

My samsung gearfitpro2 watch can sync with Samsung health, but only weight data will sync with noom. This is frustrating because it should be able to sync all food, steps, heart rate data as well.

Please FIX this issue fast!

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I would recommend reaching out to the developers of Noom to verify compatibility with your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZonTBps0oc
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

SamsungAdam,

I have a Gear S3 Frontier connected to a Galaxy S10+. Noom states Samsung Health on the Galaxy S10+ should sync; steps, weight, food logged, and ony other "activity" such as a run or workout. 

This is not happenihng, all sync settings are turned on in Noom and Samsung Health to "properly" sync. Nothing is syncing with Noom from Samsung Health?

Noom sent me back to Samsung.

Thanks,

Scott

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for that information. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at 855-795-0509.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2Whfupxz3p
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Do you have an email address. I am not willing to ring the USA to discuss this malfunction. I would not have bought this Active 2 if I had known it could not sync with Noom. I see some of the comments go back several months.  Why has it not been resolved yet?

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

We are unable to confirm the compatibility of Samsung Devices when used with Non-Samsung Products. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team in your area.

0 Likes
user16A14GJkcy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Noon only allows syncing steps from other devices, nothing else. This is a noom problem not a samsung one.
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
user1njGhxibgG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using Noom and cannot sync my steps with my Active 2 watch and Noom. Why does Samsung have the biggest compatibility problems with other apps and software? It seems by limiting compatibility Samsung hopes to push their own products and apps like Apple. If this happens I will stop buying Samsung products - already the TVs are lacking many apps that they should have.

0 Likes