cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Sync Samsung health with Noom

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to update and allow permissions to sync all info with apps like noom and googlefit.

My samsung gearfitpro2 watch can sync with Samsung health, but only weight data will sync with noom. This is frustrating because it should be able to sync all food, steps, heart rate data as well.

Please FIX this issue fast.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Sync Samsung health with Noom

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Heres how to do it:

1)  Download Health Sync in the app store.

2)  Download Google Fit in the app store.

3)  Register for Google Fit

3)  Open Health Sync and sync Samsung Health to share with Google health.  Allow steps to sync and what ever youd like to share.  Go to the menu for settings and allow permissions.

4)  Open noom and go to app an open settings.

5)  Go to apps and devices.  Select Google Fit.

6)  Go to steps data source in apps and devices and select HealthSync - Step count

Done.  You can set the frequence the Health Sync share with Google Fit.  I set mine to every 10 minutes.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally agree with the above! I have the same issue with the Active 2. May need to go back to my Fitbit watch! Smiley Sad

@userAWy4mJBAZ6 wrote:

Samsung needs to update and allow permissions to sync all info with apps like noom and googlefit.

My samsung gearfitpro2 watch can sync with Samsung health, but only weight data will sync with noom. This is frustrating because it should be able to sync all food, steps, heart rate data as well.

Please FIX this issue fast!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to the developers of Noom to verify compatibility with your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungAdam,

I have a Gear S3 Frontier connected to a Galaxy S10+. Noom states Samsung Health on the Galaxy S10+ should sync; steps, weight, food logged, and ony other "activity" such as a run or workout. 

This is not happenihng, all sync settings are turned on in Noom and Samsung Health to "properly" sync. Nothing is syncing with Noom from Samsung Health?

Noom sent me back to Samsung.

Thanks,

Scott

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at 855-795-0509.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have an email address. I am not willing to ring the USA to discuss this malfunction. I would not have bought this Active 2 if I had known it could not sync with Noom. I see some of the comments go back several months.  Why has it not been resolved yet?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are unable to confirm the compatibility of Samsung Devices when used with Non-Samsung Products. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team in your area.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using Noom and cannot sync my steps with my Active 2 watch and Noom. Why does Samsung have the biggest compatibility problems with other apps and software? It seems by limiting compatibility Samsung hopes to push their own products and apps like Apple. If this happens I will stop buying Samsung products - already the TVs are lacking many apps that they should have.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apparently there is a workaround for this which is to download the "Health Sync" app. 

Noom sync's with Google Fit but not Samsung Health - which is where the watch data goes. If you download Health Sync you can sync your Samsung Health account to Google Fit, which should in theory then sync to Noom. 

I have just downloaded but as I had to change my settings in Google Fit to stop it tracking my activities, the Health Sync app says it won't work until tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Pretty rubbish that Samsung aren't able to directly sync with Noom without an intermediary app. Also rubbish that they couldn't suggest this workaround on this thread themselves. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me! I downloaded and setup two additional apps from the Play Store: Healthy Sync and Google Fit onto my Samsung 10 phone. In Noom > Settings > Apps & Devices > I chose to "Share data with other apps through Google Fit". In my Noom "Choose steps data source" I selected "HealthSync - step count".

In the Google Fit app I went to Profile > Settings > and turned off track your activities. I was prompted to do this by Health Sync as part of the setup, but thought I'd confirm here. 

My steps came over immeidately after I synced (I did not have to wait over night like @userMc6d9sCK1K

above).