cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwmMErbuBEf
Constellation

Re: Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had few glitches with my now nearly two year old S2.  I'm very happy with the watch.

The S Health, though, is entirely another matter, and not in a good way.

I can't seem to get my watch to detect the difference between cycling and running.  The running part of the app is all that has ever appeared on the watch-face.  That works well, but it never switches to cycling. 

Secondly, the sleeping detection function rates about a C- at best.  It continuously rates my sleep as fair, more often as poor, and yet I clearly get lots of REM and seldom less than three or four 2-hour-long deep sleep cycles for the typical six hours of genuine sleep that I get nightly. 

One glaring fault is that, if I should happen to awaken at 0500, and toss more than twice, but subsequently fall asleep again until about 0730, the watch says I only slept for five hours ending at 0500.  After 10-15 minutes or so of inactivity, it should take it that I am asleep between what I say are the typical hours of sleep (I have to tell S Health when my bedtime is typically and when I should be out of bed).

S Health needs a new engineer in charge, someone with a fresh viewpoint.

userKodqLfEbFp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. If it is not correctly tracking activity, then what good is it to have auto tracking? It keeps me from seeing the time when I raise my arm and look at the watch and it drains my battery!

Highlighted
userX2v1B8ogAa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Frankly this is pretty awful. I mean I'm driving down the interstate at 65 miles an hour, how could that possibly be confused with riding a bicycle?! What's the world record speed on a bicycle anyways?

userwmMErbuBEf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe the culprit is the engineering, and specifically the probabilistic  alogorithms.  They use normative data to classify speeds as those typical of a certain activity, but also perhaps coupling that with a pedometer-type mechanism that looks for arm swing...?  It's rather hopeless, as you have seen.  What is needed is learning AI that will synchronise the basic software with each owner's stated activities and typical movements during those stated activities. 

Long way of saying that S-Health is a loooooooooonnnnnnnnng way from making any one owner's appreciation of it a salutary experience.

userj3iybeVHJd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The response from Samsung is annoying. You have customers who believe in your products and trust that your watch, which is designed to track physical activity, will actually do what it is intended to do. Mine is having the same problem with thinking that I am cycling while driving at 70+ mph. I have tried disabling this and it still tracks for some reason. WTF do you mean there is no fix for this? Sounds like you have a defective product. 

user3IwlD1xVwr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The inability to disable out remove a non-essential application is more than enough reason to choose a different device. Give me the option to choose what is here to "help" me. These notifications continually pop up while I am at work, indicating I am having a great workout, and all I am doing is moving my hands. It is a distraction for me and my clients.

userhU2LiXWzNR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I disabled several option in s health app, hopefully that will help

userqQDB04RW9C
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

in the bathtub, while masturbating, dynamic workout detected, keep it up, oh daamn, where did you came from, ok ok give me five minutes, oh man my heart rate is 140, burning calories like ..., and I cuum, WELL DONE, you burned 150 calories , showed me my masturbation graph , I didn't know you can burn so many calories.;well done gear fit 2 pro.

useroU7Z92NC0Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's so frustrating that this problem has existed for so long and there's no solution. It's also ridiculous that the marked "solution" is NOT an actual solution but instead clearly states there is no solution. Come on Samsung.

Thus problem makes me really dislike this watch.

userP4calgZaJ0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Accept