Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
uoc
Cosmic Ray

Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of the most annoying things about my watch is when I am driving or walking and I suddenly see on my watch face a man on a bicycle with a counting timer below him indicating that I have been cycling for the time shown.

How can I prevent my watch from auto-recording activity it thinks I am doing?  How can you guys correct this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, everyone.

We always appreciate customers who take the time to give us their feedback. There is currently no way to disable this auto-tracking feature. The Gear S2 was designed to track all activity within a 24 HR period and records the intensity and duration of your separate activities to give you an overall health report. 

You may refer to more information on your Gear device under apps, then going to the settings of the S-Health app and selecting Help. Here you can choose to look up information for the 24 hour Activity tracker. 

View solution in original post

146 REPLIES 146

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @uoc,

Thank you for joining our Samsung Community. I completely understand the frustration! Try opening S Health on your phone>More>Manage Items>Turn off things that you are not currently using. Just make sure that you turn them back on when you do want to use them.

Thanks!

TheSuperPaul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem too, mainly with driving showing up as cycling. I drive about 25 miles to work, almost all of it on the interstate. Why does the Gear S2 keep considering it cycling? Who cycles at 70MPH? I have turned off cycling as an activity in S-Health, but it manages to turn itself back on! Very frustrating! What is the fix for this? I'd be happy to share data from my S2 and S7 Edge with techs so they can fix it. Also it seems like whenever I mow my lawn the S2 fails to track steps at all. I end up rebooting it but that doesn't always work either. Is this the result of the vibration from the mower handle? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the problem of it thinking I'm cycling, predominately when I'm riding my motorcycle. I also have the issue while mowing the lawn, but I've had similar issues with my fitbit as well. The vibration combined with your arm not moving in a normal walking motion seems to confuse the algorithm used to detect steps. I'm not sure there is much that can be done about it, I suspect the sensor data is very noisy and erratic.

slash2000
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a very lengthy commute to/from work (about 82 miles each way).  My Gear S2 has never detected any type of activity while I'm driving.  In fact, it often tells me it's time to get moving.  I can tell you, though, that while you're mowing the lawn (with a push/walk-behind mower) or grocery shopping and pushing a cart, the Gear S2 doesn't detect that you are moving and will record very few steps, if any at all.

I hope Samsung has a fix in the works.  Meanwhile, I'm still not able to see how/where floors are tracked on the Gear S2, even though S Health shows that it's in the current version I have installed.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

mindes
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've done this but it just turns itself back on. 

Is there a way to disable it on the watch our at least disable the auto function?

Robbie_Young
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with cycling turning itself on as well. I turn it off in S Health, sometimes multiple times per day and it turns itself back on whether riding in my truck or on my motorcycle. Please give us a way to permanently disable activities that we do not do.

In4lo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I came here looking for any updates as to whetheror not this has been fixed since June or so (when I returned the Gear S2 Classic I had bought). Not only does it not look like it, but yesterday's S3 announcement doesn't really elude to any new sensors or anything. I'm thinking this problem will continue with the new models as well... :-(

BWilson80
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That no longer works after the update a couple days ago (in fact,  the update toggles it back on when it was off).  for me,  the option is now greyed out and can't be toggled. please fix. ..i just had knee surgery and have been sitting in a chair for over a week, yet it still is detecting a workout occurring.  also,  the option directly on the watch was removed with the last update,  leaving NO WAY TO TURN OFF AUTOMATIC DETECTION! 

usergrXkXldvBT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Though you can't turn off, by keeping switch on you can delete the cycle info. That's what I do at end of day to evaluate my days walking. Hope it helps