Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3kABJkFrX7
Constellation

Re: Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wanna hear something ridiculous?

I *DO* take my watch off, in fact, I charge it during my >1hr commute, and it still records me as cycling! Not only is there a lack of heartbeat, but it's on the dang charger!

Let me ask, how am i wearing the watch cycling while it's on the charging dock?!?

clfern
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used to have this problem as well.  I am a delivery truck driver and would have my gear2 go into cycle mode while driving.  Don't know if this is after an update but try this.   Besides turning off the auto ddetect in the S Health try this.

On your watch go into the settings and tap on workout detection and un click all the available workouts.  It should go from a blue dot to a gray circle like image.   I have all mine shut off and lately have not noticed it going into auta detect mode when driving.  And I drive at times 2 + hours to my first delivery.

Hope this helps.

TheSuperPaul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't seem to find that setting in the watch directly. Can you provide instruction on how to get to it?

BWilson80
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its no longer there if you did the update a couple days ago. You, i, and everyone are screwed right now for auto detection. On the bright side, s health and the gear are so HORRIBLY inaccurate for steps, calorie burn during workouts, and all else health related, that we can ignore everything it says anyways.
Beat accuracy for losing weight or gaining muscle is the microsoft band (and that is after thoroughly testing fitbit, microsoft, various android wear devices, along with a number of other high and low end trackers). It seems it's a dead product line now, and the comfort doesn't match some of the others (still not bad at all though), but no joke for fitness tracking, it tops the others. I will say i have NOT tested apple watch though....maybe in a few years since apple is always behind on their tech (but excel with their gimmicks).

BWilson80
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found the setting. It is still there, but they moved it to the S-Health settings page. So, open S-Health, scroll all the way over to the settings page, the turn off notifications and automatic workout detection. 

ForrestGump
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what are you talking about? if the aim is shutting it off why should i buy this thing? i wanna use it but with an option to edit and an auto finish option, at least should ask to finish the activity if the HR goes low

Highlighted
Prynsys
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ForrestGump wrote:

what are you talking about? if the aim is shutting it off why should i buy this thing? i wanna use it but with an option to edit and an auto finish option, at least should ask to finish the activity if the HR goes low

So, it sounds like most of the people who commented on  this post, with the exception of you and 2 others, actually like the other features of the watch.  It also sounds like most of us do not ride bikes, so turning off the auto detection for CYCLING ONLY does not illuminate the use of the auto detection entirely.  You can still just start running and it will detect that.  If you are a cyclist, then you will either have to deal with it or manually start your work outs. I guarantee you 99% of cyclists are not using this watch to track their workouts. 

ForrestGump
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you can read what i meant from my previous posts, i wrote detailed what i expect from a fitness watch. 

Let start with GearS2:

-It must automatically record activities, but i should have also the ability to edit this activity by changing activity type (it can predict activity type wrong) i should also change starting time, finishing time from web site

-It must ask me "did you finish your exercise?" if my heart rate is going normal (what is normal? for running: getting 20 bpm lower, for walking: maybe turning back to resting HR) it should ask me to finish the exercise

-A webpage should clearly show me the summary of day, week, month and year and it should also remind me entering waking up time etc.

- I should use this watch in companion with Endomondo

-You have problems with driving for example, they should have data of how a person's arms behave during driving, and it should use this data to accurately predict that i'm driving or masturbating, it must be so accurate after having dozens of data from customers

-Other workouts don't record heart rate, why? When i choose other workouts i should have an option to ask whether record the HR or not

-endomondo allows us to share our activity on facebook with a map of our outdoor activity, this is really beautiful, strava can also do that, but why samsung s health can only share a green picture, i know that we can choos a photo instead of that, but it would be better to see some activity based graphs or if it is outdoor activity a map would be perfect and s health cant do that

Prynsys
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ForrestGump, Ummmm ok. You can ignore my comments then since you are not interested. I just replied to the last comment at the time and it happened during to be yours. In the future, I will pick the 2nd to last comment, provided that it's not yours, and reply to that one....

Have a good day!

ForrestGump
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why are you answering to me? What is your job in this forum? Are you working for Samsung? I bought a silly watch and want it to do what it promised to does. And you advise to close this feature to me. Why? It does not what it promised. It is really annoying that it can't do anything true %90. It can't estimate HR good, it can't estimate which activity you start, it can't estimate that i finish, and worse than that you can not edit these later

It doesn't have nice sharing options, it has nothing