cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prynsys
Asteroid

Re: Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea.. so it's in the shealth app.  Your can turn off cycling specifically and leave the other ones on. 

useryVvZz39t5n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unable to change by default 

userQXBKsFIqIh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today I decided to stop using my S2.

I was giving a lecture, and when I wanted to check my timing on the stopwatch, I had to struggle with the stupid health app that insisted on informing me about my walking rate !!! 

Junk !!

ForrestGump
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, that's good. But how can a software, and therefore user experience can so low, how can it be? We are not talking about we want some new features. We are talking about what do you need to do even by looking your competitors. It is so obvious that this watch is garbage and it guarantees that feature products are also garbage, because you are not really behind your product. What should i do with this watch? It doesn't work

userEFFQeFQhtj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
in my gear s2 (not in my phone): is it possible unistall/stop/turn off, etc... THE S HEALTH APP ON GEAR S2??? I want save battery, and S HEALTH has 25% of battery use.
Highlighted
userGCflbdaLxi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to s health on watch....rotate bezel to settings , workout detection....turn off cycling

userQXBKsFIqIh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGCflbdaLxi wrote:

Go to s health on watch....rotate bezel to settings , workout detection....turn off cycling

Thanks! This seems to solve my problem! For a few hours now I  am getting no messages from the health app.

I am wearing the watch again. Hoping the health app won't somehow decide to start being a nuisance again.

Smiley Happy

userwLFtpSoxF8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It took a bit for me to find too.  Go to the S Health app on the watch and scroll all the way to the right with the bezel.  You'll find Settings there, then scroll to workout detection.

From there you can enable/disable the different excercise detections.

useru6m8M5ZxQr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I love how they say this is solved, when it isn't solved at all.  Our entire family (7 people) are all dumping the Gear watch because of this.  It used to be that you could turn on and off things that you wanted or didn't want.  Now you have an annoying notification every single day, several times a day and get no choice.  No choice means not for us.  Same goes for Samsung Pay.  You take it out and it automatically reinstalls it.  We're done with Gear and their inability to cater to their customers, as well as the entire company I work for.  

ForrestGump
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had written a Turkish a blog post about that and i warned people not to buy this smart watch or fitness band or useless thing, whatever you want to call it. I'm good at SEO and i'm sure that many people will read it before buying this garbage. Yes, it is garbage. I'm sure that nobody from designing team for this watch is using this watch, if they would use it, they had to correct these problems already.

I'm Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 user. I had bought Level U Pro, Level Over and lastly this Gear S2. But this will be the last machine i will buy from Samsung. Reason is obvious: Samsung only procuduces machines with good hardware, but nothing in terms of user experience, nothing in terms of usability.

Let start with GearS2:

-It must automatically record activities, but i should have also the ability to edit this activity by changing activity type (it can predict activity type wrong) i should also change starting time, finishing time from web site

-It must ask me "did you finish your exercise?" if my heart rate is going normal (what is normal? for running: getting 20 bpm lower, for walking: maybe turning back to resting HR) it should ask me to finish the exercise

-A webpage should clearly show me the summary of day, week, month and year and it should also remind me entering waking up time etc.

- I should use this watch in companion with Endomondo

-You have problems with driving for example, they should have data of how a person's arms behave during driving, and it should use this data to accurately predict that i'm driving or masturbating, it must be so accurate after having dozens of data from customers

-Other workouts don't record heart rate, why? When i choose other workouts i should have an option to ask whether record the HR or not

After all i'm sure that none of Samsung Workers is using Samsung indeed. If they would, they should had solved these problems already. I'll not beg Samsung to do these features. Even closing this topic as "SOLVED" shows their behaviour to customers.

I'll never buy Samsung again. Gear Fit2 can't measure anything truly, with Level U Pro i can't make people to hear me because of noisy mic, bought Level OVER and they finished production of it and i can't even sell it for 2. hand, i will never buy a product of Samsung anymore, and i will write all of these to my English and Turkish blogs as well.