Constellation

Re: Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks
userMrdq30Tywo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Accepted????? Completely Unacceptable! I have an elliptical that is very good at calculating calories, heartrate etc IF I WANTED TO USE THOSE FEATURES. I have a very effective workout regimen, thank you very much - I don't need my watch nagging at me.

I bought a S2 so that I could get texts and Caller-ID from certain important people without digging out my phone. With the latest update the foolish thing buzzes me every time I sit at my desk for more than an hour, then again if I should get up to walk to the printer. These are NOT important notifications. I am perfectly capable of exercising on my own time and do NOT plan on getting up in the middle of the day to jog around the building when I have a 6-figure proposal to get out.

Having a "smart" watch - i.e. one that is programmable - is because one wants to program it! Having "features" that cannot be turned off or even configured is patently ridiculous and goes against the whole concept of having a computer in your watch (or your phone). Surprisingly enough, I use my watch primarily to TELL TIME!

ForrestGump
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't believe that such a great company can sell this product, should it blow like note7 to be called back from customers? it is simply not doing its job, and nobody improves it, as i said i maybe paid 10.000 euro till  now to samsung and only for this one i i can say that it is garbage

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you want to turn of the inactivity notifications, simply open S Health on the watch, go to "settings", then select "Health nudges" and turn them all off.

userKyn1m0zFv6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Min just started doing it with the latest update. Except mine is registering me working out while I am teaching. I am an animated talker and move my hands alot, but I need to be able to see the time on my watch and I can't with this seemingly new occurance. I am really tired of all of my preferences chamging everytime there is an update. You guys have know about this for a while. Fix it.

userPpFS9uZhAZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning off auto detect work outs did work at first, dumb ass messages back even though it says auto detect off and block all notifications. uninstalled s health to factory version. If this doenst work good bye to all Samsung products.

Highlighted
China
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We should be leaving honest reviews of all these Samsung products on websites like Amazon and Best Buy so that other people do not fall into the same trap as we all did and believe that Samsung still made good products that actually work.

Xtream_D
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone know how to hack the gear s2?

I'm over being constantly told I'm riding a bike.

I paid $600 for a smart watch not a fit bit...

useroYkyXYP20U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Juanisimo wrote:

Hello, everyone.

We always appreciate customers who take the time to give us their feedback. There is currently no way to disable this auto-tracking feature. The Gear S2 was designed to track all activity within a 24 HR period and records the intensity and duration of your separate activities to give you an overall health report. 

You may refer to more information on your Gear device under apps, then going to the settings of the S-Health app and selecting Help. Here you can choose to look up information for the 24 hour Activity tracker. 

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I just purchased the s3 classic yesterday but can't even check my watch for the time when driving because the cycling app pops up instead. Also, since it looks like Samsung is not trying to fix the problem, i will be returning mine to Best Buy.

userouVyyjZoHp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great job Samsung. I have an S2 Classic, it was working well, no “auto activity alerts”, then 2 days ago, got an update, now getting constant activity alerts. I have not set up S Health, I have notifications for S Health turned off, and yet I keep getting alerts. I am not setting up S Health since I am sure that would make things worse. Would like to uninstall S Health, Samsung says "NO". Before I had the Samsung phone and watch, had the LG, maybe time to go back since Samsung has taken away user control of the products we purchase.