cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJe9YjkPvQd
Constellation

Re: Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if there is no way to turn off the tracking feature, can you turn off the reminders to get moving etc? Very annoying.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJe9YjkPvQd wrote:

if there is no way to turn off the tracking feature, can you turn off the reminders to get moving etc? Very annoying.

Do you people not read the thread? This was answered on the last page.

If you want to turn of the inactivity notifications, simply open S Health on the watch, go to "settings", then select "Health nudges" and turn them all off.

Bean Counter
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Easy Harryman - I too didn't want to keep reading the same comments (especially from the numbskuls at Samsung) over and over on all seven pages, so I skipped to the end and found your very helpful idea.   The last update to my S2 Classic also resulted in my getting extremely annoying health notifications that I did not want or ask for.  The genius moderators at Samsung  (see thread) were no help at all.  This is why user groups are so important - don't know how you found the trick to shut them off, but cut those of us some slack who did not even want the S-Health Ap (but can't delete it), didn't activate it,  and sure as heck didn't want to venture into it for fear of only adding to our notification woes.   I love my watch, but do not want some of the functions and as an owner/user should be able to remove them.  Samsung, you listening?

Thanks again for solving our problem.  Much appreciated.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for being terse, but I'm sure you can appreciate the frustration when the same questions get posted over and over even though they've already been solved.

Bean Counter
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ha ha - absolutely!

Thanks again for the help - enjoying the "silence" coming from my watch!  Smiley Happy

userlrhMnM968g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I only use this device to receive my texts and calls, I don't WANT an activity tracker at all! The constant notifications are driving me crazy. PLEASE find a way to deactivate this feature???

Blueskiesalways
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
put it in powers saving mode. you will only get text and calls ans save a cra load of battery.
userW0i5WYrgJN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there any patch coming out to allow users turn this "feature" off, it's incredibly annoying when I'm trying to do my work and the watch all of a sudden decides that I'm doing a workout and I can't check my time with just one hand. My job has many sensitive time-points in which I need to be collecting samples at a certain minute and this serves as nothing but an obstacle that is making me want to just go buy a regular watch. One of the reasons I love Samsung so much is that it doesn't typically force this type of crap on it's users unlike apple where you have to do things their way regardless of what you prefer.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userW0i5WYrgJN wrote:

Is there any patch coming out to allow users turn this "feature" off, it's incredibly annoying when I'm trying to do my work and the watch all of a sudden decides that I'm doing a workout and I can't check my time with just one hand. My job has many sensitive time-points in which I need to be collecting samples at a certain minute and this serves as nothing but an obstacle that is making me want to just go buy a regular watch. One of the reasons I love Samsung so much is that it doesn't typically force this type of crap on it's users unlike apple where you have to do things their way regardless of what you prefer.

Why do you need a patch? Here is how I did it:

1. Open S Health on the watch.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Go to "Workout Detection" and turn them all off.
  4. While you are there go to "Health Nudges" and turn them all off.

Edited to emphasize that you have to do this on the watch because apparently reading is too hard.

userW0i5WYrgJN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have all of the notifications off, I'm not getting any Nudges as you call them, I am quite active, that's not the problem.  The problem is that I want to turn off the feature that starts a "dynamic workout" if it thinks you have been "active" for more than 10 minutes. It regularly comes on when I'm just walking around at work, I guess walk faster than it thinks people walk, I don't know, but either way it means I have to keep my phone out with the always on display active so that I can keep track of time during my experiments rather than just being able to look at my watch because it may randomly decide that I'm "working out" and that is all you see unless you hit the back or menu button on the watch. In a previous reply from Samsung they said that there is currently no way to turn this feature off, so I need a patch to do so. The button to turn off the "feature" (which is in the settings menu under advanced labeled "Detect Workouts") is greyed out and can't be changed.