cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: Turn off Auto Activity Tracking Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercTSQcSSHke
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ha! so not helpful.
JotaSka
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know some people will not like this option but it i keep my gear s2 on power save mode. It still gives me notifications and i can answer calls  The only downside is that you cant customize your watch faces but thats something  i dont really care about. It also helps me because a full charge will last me about 3 days. 

Give it a try 

userDST4EQpRtC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found the solution online elsewhere. For future users who end up here with a google search:
the workout auto-detection settings are not the the S-Heath (or now "Samsung Health") app on your phone, they are in the S-Heath app that's on the watch itself. In last screen, "settings". There you can disable cycling tracking.

useri7WVC4H4GG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for your solution, and finally, it actually is a solution!

Timothy_B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now here is a genius! You my friend should work for Samsung. I thought I was going to have to give up on an answer. The so called technicians at Samsung was unable to answer this question, but a member of this community is. My truck is a manual transmission. Every time I drive my truck, this stupid watch calls it a "Dynamic Workout". The only thing getting a workout is my engine! Thanks again.

userzD7rsq8Q36
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my case the problem has to do with walking with a Gear Fit 2.  I have a custom-made watch face that gives me steps,  miles and floors in a large font so I don't have to wear my glasses while exercising.  Unfortunately Samsung won't allow me to SEE that watch face because a few minutes into my daily walk the Walking Tracker autostart "feature" in Samsung health pops up and blocks access to my new watch face.  I can't even tell what time it is since the time font size of this unwanted "feature" is too small to see without glasses!  When I go to "Settings" and then down to "Workout Detection" it does have a list of activities but all I see are Cycling, Elliptical Trainer,  Rowing Machine and Dynamic Workout. There is nothing there about walking! Samsung, the inability to have control over this tracker is extremely annoying... not all of your customers buy your watches to be autotracked! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to double check, did you turn the dynamic workout feature off?