cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userucuE0ngfZa
Constellation

Unable to charge Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro

Hello,

I bought my Gear fit 2 Pro in June 2018 and I absolutely love it! I used it every day as a fitness and sleep tracker, but most importantly for the vibrating notification alerts from my Samsung Galaxy S9 phone.  In the last few weeks I have had problems charging the watch and turned to the internet for solutions. For a while this worked – cleaning contacts with cotton buds and rubbers, disconnecting and reconnecting Gear, holding down both buttons simultaneously, rebooting the Gear, and charging the Gear from my laptop. Sadly, now the Gear will not charge at all and I am lost without it. Closer inspection of the back of the watch with a magnifying glass has revealed that one of the contacts appears to have melted or broken! Does this mean my Gear Fit 2 Pro is now useless? I would expect more than 6 months usage from such an expensive item. Is this problem fixable and has anyone else had this happen to theirs?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unable to charge Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro

Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance with your concerns. We would recommend trying these troubleshooting steps to charge your device.

You can locate the troubleshooting steps here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003100/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.