JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

(Topic created on: 2/1/21 2:39 PM)
mubassir1840
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am unable to connect my Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth) to my Gear app on my Galaxy Note 8 phone. After a recent software update, my gear s3 just won't connect to my phone. I manually tried connecting within the app, and it takes forever and ever and say pairing underway and does nothing.  It was working fine before this update. Please help. 

Phone Details:

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Model No: SM-N950U1

Android Version: 7.1.1

Samsung Experience Version: 8.5

Gear S3 Details:

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth Version)

Model No: SM-R760

Tizen Version: 3.0.0.1

SM
101 Replies
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

i would delete the gear s3 from the bt list or gear manager list, then factory data reset the gear s3, and try to connect again

also, update the gear manager, plug-in, and other things that need to be updated.

0 Likes
useri5RYw6XVXP
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

clears everything but restore sometimes fails... so this is risky if you want your gear s3 back to its state before the reset

0 Likes
SpeedyGonzales
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

the same is happening to me since the new update. been 2 months now. I tried everything here and it is still not connecting on rhe Galaxy S8 Note. please advise. im ticked that I cant get it working. 

0 Likes
Sperry2005
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue 

0 Likes
slygirlswagg
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
ohhhh so yeah the s8 was an issue. the app on s8 and the way they connect was different it is an app built in the phone. i will try connecting mine when i get home to see if i can help u.
0 Likes
user5zN6VWFLx5
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I was able to connect by going to settings on watch and connect to new phone (which of course is your same phone). You will loose watch settings but better than not working. Just have to setup the watch they way you had it. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Sperry2005
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Did you find a solution? I am having same issue now. 

0 Likes
slygirlswagg
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
hi sperry i did have a huge issue with my s3 frontier and getting it connect. my issue was it was locked because i had put some ststem lock on it when i had it connected to my s8plus...it took me forever and luckily i still had that old phone and was able to then unlock it. i think after that i just did the connect to new phone thing and i was ok. u are gonna have to start over tho and reset everything.
0 Likes
userdN8e7We2gX
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How to master reset Gear S3 with hardware keys - restore original factory settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RQklFyjR8k

I couldn't finish pairing my Gear S3 with multiple samsung phones until I tried this and uninstalled gear samsung wearable app and reinstalled. then finally finished pairing successfully. It asked me all the questions allow access to location, contacts, etc.

How to master reset Gear S3 with hardware keys - restore original factory settings Back up data on the internal memory. Turn the Gear S3 off. Press ...
0 Likes